Please help with my macbook pro?

Reaction score
A couple of months ago i bought a new Macbook Pro, and it had no problem connecting to the wireless connection from upstairs (i rent a basement apartment). Saturday morning it was working fine, then i went to work, came home for my lunch break and it worked fine, but then when i came home after work while it has no problem connecting to the router it hasn't been able to connect to the internet since. I thought it Might be an issue with the router but my old laptop that I'm using right now is not having an issue connecting to the internet and neither are any of the other computers in the house. So does anyone have any idea why it is not working? I was thinking if i wiped the macbook clean and reinstalled the software it might work again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Did you reboot your Macbook and/or the router to see if that works?

OP
M
Reaction score
I have restarted the macbook pro multiple times. (from what i have seen from looking up how to reboot that is all i have seen done) For the router I figured that if it was the issue that it would not be working for anything in the house needing a connection. I have also noticed that when i try diagnostics on the macbook that it says it failed to connect to the ISP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try rebooting the router first and see if that helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
I rebooted the router but am still unable to get a connection with the macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you connect on WiFi at other locations?

OP
M
Reaction score
I have not been able to try, none of the other connections near where I live are strong enough to connect to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have not been able to try, none of the other connections near where I live are strong enough to connect to.

Well you'll need to go somewhere and try to connect to see if it's your Macbook or the router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.