Icon Free Desktop?

Reaction score
Is it possible to hide my desktop icons so that my desktop only displays my wallpaper? It can be done in windows by right clicking on the desktop with my mouse.
Thank you for any help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Absolutely. Go to Finder > Preferences > General and uncheck anything you don't want on the desktop under "Show these items on the desktop."

Reaction score
Is it possible to hide my desktop icons so that my desktop only displays my wallpaper? It can be done in windows by right clicking on the desktop with my mouse.
Thank you for any help.

do you still want the dock at the bottom?

(sorry if it is a stupid question, look at my post count :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
In addition to vansmith's suggestion, if you simply want to "temporarily" hide items on your desktop, then there are 3rd party tools to help with that. DesktopUtility is one freebie that's available.
SweetP Productions

OP
U
Reaction score
In addition to vansmith's suggestion, if you simply want to "temporarily" hide items on your desktop, then there are 3rd party tools to help with that. DesktopUtility is one freebie that's available.
SweetP Productions

Thank you for your help. DesktopUtility was exactly what I was looking for. I had previously spent a lot of time trying to find a way to clear those icons from my desktop but was never able to do it until now..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.