A few questions about boot camp

Reaction score
hey guys i just watch a video of how to do this boot stuff and i have a few little questions,,

number one
what if i do not have the mac disc, some weird reason i did not get the mac driver disc when i bought my mac, when i finish installing the windows 7 are those drivers just for the track pad the cam and other useless things?
number two
if i do not have a legit copy of the windows 7 64 bit would it still work ?

:) thanks guys!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Two things:

1. You need legit Mac OS install media.
2. You need legit Windows OS install media.

In either case...if you do not have the proper legit install media...you need to purchase it.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Two things:

1. You need legit Mac OS install media.
2. You need legit Windows OS install media.

In either case...if you do not have the proper legit install media...you need to purchase it.

- Nick

i do not have my mac os install media disc.... i bought the mac from the source never touched the the box just took the mac out and my cord and i do not see my disc for the os :( so now what! :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i do not have my mac os install media disc.... i bought the mac from the source never touched the the box just took the mac out and my cord and i do not see my disc for the os :( so now what! :(

You need to purchase a Mac OS install disc (as mentioned above).

You have not explained your situation in detail:

- Which Macintosh computer & model you have?
- What is it's current condition?
- Can it be used/booted?
- Is there an OS on the hard drive currently?
- What OS version is it?
- What OS version do you want to run?

As you can see...you haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to providing us with information...so we can better help you get things sorted out.:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
You need to purchase a Mac OS install disc (as mentioned above).

You have not explained your situation in detail:

- Which Macintosh computer & model you have?
- What is it's current condition?
- Can it be used/booted?
- Is there an OS on the hard drive currently?
- What OS version is it?
- What OS version do you want to run?

As you can see...you haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to providing us with information...so we can better help you get things sorted out.:)

- Nick

ok I'm sorry i did not know u needed all that info...
1. MacBook Pro version 10.7.2 OS X
2.current condition? well runs just my mac OS and i bought it only a month ago.
3. can it be used/booted? umm the disc I'm getting would of been used once but its a legit disc
4.the only OS currently on it right now is the one it came with
5. os version is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
6. I will be running windows 7 64 bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No media with Lion, you have Recovery built in. The Windows 64 bit disc needs to currently be not installed on any computer as activation is required at the time of install. If it will not activate it will not install.

Now go into Utilities > Bootcamp and print and read the guidelines, then continue and download the drivers as set out on page 2 and burn to a CD. Proceed with Bootcamp.

OP
M
Reaction score
No media with Lion, you have Recovery built in. The Windows 64 bit disc needs to currently be not installed on any computer as activation is required at the time of install. If it will not activate it will not install.

Now go into Utilities > Bootcamp and print and read the guidelines, then continue and download the drivers as set out on page 2 and burn to a CD. Proceed with Bootcamp.

do u mean burn the support software to a cd or dvd ??? cause thats the only part it asks me to burn something lol
sorry guys I'm asking all about this :( I'm so not use to macs!!!! :( I'm a fail I've worked on pc's for about 10 years but not mac

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do u mean burn the support software to a cd or dvd ??? cause thats the only part it asks me to burn something lol
sorry guys I'm asking all about this :( I'm so not use to macs!!!! :( I'm a fail I've worked on pc's for about 10 years but not mac

You're still not getting the message! We really have no specific details on what Macintosh computer you have...it's specifications...what OS is installed on it (if any)...and what Mac OS you want to install.

Answer the questions I posted to you earlier...and maybe we can get somewhere.:)...otherwise...we will continue "spinning our wheels"...getting nowhere.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
You're still not getting the message! We really have no specific details on what Macintosh computer you have...it's specifications...what OS is installed on it (if any)...and what Mac OS you want to install.

Answer the questions I posted to you earlier...and maybe we can get somewhere.:)...otherwise...we will continue "spinning our wheels"...getting nowhere.

- Nick

I've already answered theta earlier man....
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Serial Number C02GP1XZDW13
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what else do u need to know other then these stats

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've already answered theta earlier man....

I apologize...I missed that post.

Ok then:

- we have your computer specs
- and what OS version is installed on it

So the biggest issue seems to be that you don't have and install media to use after you partition your iMac's hard drive so you can do the bootcamp install of Windows.

"harryb" above touched on what can be done...please give this Apple article a read which may have some additional details about the process:

OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
I apologize...I missed that post.

Ok then:

- we have your computer specs
- and what OS version is installed on it

So the biggest issue seems to be that you don't have and install media to use after you partition your iMac's hard drive so you can do the bootcamp install of Windows.

"harryb" above touched on what can be done...please give this Apple article a read which may have some additional details about the process:

OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery

- Nick

alrighty ill look that up but I'm wondering why do i need that disc anyways? i know the most drivers will work no? like i can connect to the internet the graphics and all will be there won't they?
just going to need the disc for the track pad? my web cam and features of my mac no?

C

chas_m

Sorry macuser, I think these guys were confused by your initial post.

You appear to have a new machine running Lion, is that correct?

If so, you can set up the Windows partition by using the Boot Camp tool that is already included on your Mac. You will NOT need a Mac disc, but you WILL need an unactivated (ie fresh, legal) copy of Windows 7.

During the setup process, Boot Camp now offers to download the necessary drivers as part of the installation. You will be asked to burn these to a disc. You DO definitely want these drivers, as they are crucial to controlling now just "useless things like the cam" but also the USB ports, the keyboard mapping and other stuff. So just go ahead and have the Boot Camp software download the drivers at the appropriate point in the process, and then re-insert the burned disc when asked to install those drivers on your Windows installation.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4407

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry macuser, I think these guys were confused by your initial post.

You appear to have a new machine running Lion, is that correct?

If so, you can set up the Windows partition by using the Boot Camp tool that is already included on your Mac. You will NOT need a Mac disc, but you WILL need an unactivated (ie fresh, legal) copy of Windows 7.

During the setup process, Boot Camp now offers to download the necessary drivers as part of the installation. You will be asked to burn these to a disc. You DO definitely want these drivers, as they are crucial to controlling now just "useless things like the cam" but also the USB ports, the keyboard mapping and other stuff. So just go ahead and have the Boot Camp software download the drivers at the appropriate point in the process, and then re-insert the burned disc when asked to install those drivers on your Windows installation.

MacBook Air (Late 2010): Installing Windows 7 drivers

YES !! finally someone with a great answer, is what i was looking for about the mac disc!!!!! i will go out today and buy some blank copies of cd's :) also how big do they have to be I'm sure it doesn't matter does it??! alrighty I'm getting the legit disc from my gf's dad today :) so stocked I'm finally knowing how to get windows 7 on my macbook :) i might be able to play games now! !!! and thanks a lot man you are awesome great start to waking up this morning

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.