I Really Am Torn!

Reaction score
Alright, everyone's telling me not to wait until October to get my iMac. I was waiting to get Leopard pre-installed, and also hopefully the iMac line would be upgraded. I've been back and forth and back and forth, and the four month wait is begginning to seem longer and longer each day. I guess the idea of buying an iMac and then seeing Apple upgrade the line in 1-2 months is what is really tearing at my insides, it really has nothing to do with leopard anymore.

I literally have my hand on the "buy now" button. What should I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
arrgh! poor you! I thought I had a long time to wait! (not this friday, the next) but you?!? I couldnt wait that long, screw upgraded iMacs and leopard! I want a mac now man!!

*sympathy!* for I know how you feel

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
arrgh! poor you! I thought I had a long time to wait! (not this friday, the next) but you?!? I couldnt wait that long, screw upgraded iMacs and leopard! I want a mac now man!!

*sympathy!*

The worst thing is, my birthday is in July! The idea of wanting something that bad as a birthday gift and then waiting until well into the next school year is eating me up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
I had to make this decision 3 weeks ago.........

I am now sitting with a stunning 20" iMac Core 2 Duo....i'll just upgrade to Leopard when it comes out, it's not expensive and doesn't come in like 10 million versions like Vista ;)

BUY NOW!!!!!!!! U Won't regret it

Just don't think about the new one's cause apple upgrade almost every year anyway...the hardware is high-end, think of that :D

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
I had to make this decision 3 weeks ago.........

I am now sitting with a stunning 20" iMac Core 2 Duo....i'll just upgrade to Leopard when it comes out, it's not expensive and doesn't come in like 10 million versions like Vista ;)

BUY NOW!!!!!!!! U Won't regret it

Just don't think about the new one's cause apple upgrade almost every year anyway...the hardware is high-end, think of that :D

Well, I think you just sold me.

I'd just like to thank everyone on this forum. I came onto this site just a few days ago, and I only have a few posts. You guys have been nothing but helpful, and this really is one of the friendliest internet communities I've ever been a part of.

I just sent a letter to my dad. Looks my summer will be themed with a stunning new iMac on my desk. LIFE IS GOOD, LIFE IS GOOD.

Reaction score
Title27GT give me your cash I'll buy mine now then buy you yours later on in the year ! That way the choice is made ha ha ha

Ah no now I'll have to wait ! let us know how pleased you are when you get it

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
Title27GT give me your cash I'll buy mine now then buy you yours later on in the year ! That way the choice is made ha ha ha

Why, that sounds like a splendid idea!
Okay, my address is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Life is good!
and I echo what you said about the forum, it is very helpful and friendly, (if not the most helpful and friendliest! :) )
You're making me more excited for mine now! :p

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
Life is good!
and I echo what you said about the forum, it is very helpful and friendly, (if not the most helpful and friendliest! :) )
You're making me more excited for mine now! :p

July 27th....

GRRR! THATS OVER A MONTH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I only have a few weeks to wait, but suppose I've only been "turned on" to the ways of the mac for about a month now!

Youll apprecite it more! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet its worth the wait though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Well, I think you just sold me.

I'd just like to thank everyone on this forum. I came onto this site just a few days ago, and I only have a few posts. You guys have been nothing but helpful, and this really is one of the friendliest internet communities I've ever been a part of.

I just sent a letter to my dad. Looks my summer will be themed with a stunning new iMac on my desk. LIFE IS GOOD, LIFE IS GOOD.

Yes life is good (for me now too after 10 years of that crap known as windows (always crashing, viruses, sypware etc) now all of that is a thing of the past!

My machine boots in like 19-25 seconds (fully logged in and ready to go)

My old windows pc took well over a minute and a half! :O

Front row is also a million times better than media centre. Media centre was slow and cluttered! Front row is simple and fast :D

I can say in confidence Mac will be the OS for the rest of my life.....i'm never switching back to Windows (Plus if u ever need windows for a certain app/game u can always dual boot because of the Intel Processors ;) )

Good luck with your new purchase! Let us know what you think etc when you get it :D

Hope your as happy and excited i was when i got mines (which is the most excited i had ever been i think lol)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.