iTunes iHelp iPlease

Reaction score
Hello-

I have been a PC user until very recently. I just got a Mac Mini (which I love especially since I hooked it up to my TV and now can be even more lazy and unproductive on my couch). I have imported my iTunes library over to my Mac Mini. However, when I try to sync my iPad and iPhone, it starts to sync for about 10 seconds, then finishes. Basically it doesn't sync. Does anyone know how I can get my iCrap to sync? Thanks for reading this and any help!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When you connect your iPad or iPhone, click on the device when it appears and the on the various tabs on top, have you selected the music/apps/video/podcasts you want to sync?

Regards

OP
L
Reaction score
I am really THAT dumb! Oh man, I didn't even think about that! I'll try that when I get home- thank you very much!

Another question in the same vein- when I click those boxes on iTunes and sync my iStuff, will I lose songs/videos/app I've downloaded on each device or will they be added to my iTunes library?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB
I made the same mistake LOL! It is easily done :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not having sync'ed my iPhone with too many different devices, I'm not a 100% sure of this..but if you do have things that are on the iDevices and not on the computer you wish to sync with, I believe it will get transferred when you do the sync and then your selected items on the Mac should get synced down to the iDevice..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Another question in the same vein- when I click those boxes on iTunes and sync my iStuff, will I lose songs/videos/app I've downloaded on each device or will they be added to my iTunes library?

The apps/music has to be in iTunes on your computer to remain on your phone after a sync. If you ctrl-click your phone under Devices on the left-hand side panel in iTunes one of the options will be "Transfer Purchases". Selecting this prior to syncing will prevent you from losing any anything during the sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.