Any regret/concerns migrating from 15.4" to 13.3"

Reaction score
I am in the final stages of buying a Macbook pro. I currently use a laptop with a 15.4" screen but am leaning toward the 13.3" Macbook pro. Has anyone downsized and wished they had not? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I went from a Power Mac G5 with a 23 inch Apple Cinema Display that I used for 4 and a half years to a 13.3 inch aluminum MacBook (basically the pro you're looking at, but with ports that I prefer). It's little, and sometimes I wish I had more screen real estate for my primary machine... Except I couldn't get what I'm looking for from a 15 inch laptop either. The 13 inch is a perfect size for a portable computer. Spaces makes it easy to get over the lack of screen real estate for multiple apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This is really a matter of opinion.
I have the 13" MB, and would never go for a 13" again.... it's just too small!
The 15" is a great solution, as it's still highly portable, yet a reasonable viewing size.
I don't know how used to the 15" inch you are, but I would certainly spend some time in an Apple store playing with a 13", or if you have a friend with one, using theirs for a while to help you with your decision!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
well my old windows laptop was a 17"HD screen and i'm glad I have a 13" it's just easier to carry around...and I don't have no use of a bigger display

Reaction score
Yeah, 13" is definitely perfect screen for portability, if you need more space, connect to the external monitor on the desk.

Reaction score
Yeah, 13" is definitely perfect screen for portability, if you need more space, connect to the external monitor on the desk.

Ya thats what i do, It works well with me going to school having a small and light computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 max (16-inch, 2021) & 2016 iPad Pro
I used a 13" for the past 3 1/2 yrs. Nice size for portability. Now I'm on a 15" and have not noticed any portability differences from my last 13 inch. I'm a pilot and the 15" fits just as well in my flight case as did the 13 inch. But, the big difference is the luxury of having a larger screen size. I think I can safely say that I will never go back to a smaller size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Regret... Big time. Two reasons. First reason is that I HATE/LOATHE the glossy screen. It's distracting in a huge way. Secondly: As said just above, the portability of the 15" is just as convenient as the 13". I hardly noticed a difference in weight, and they both fit into the same bags. I prefer the size of the larger screen a lot. The 13" does have an advantage of being slightly more lap friendly, but it's not that large an difference. But I'll never get a 13" again.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.