Photoshop CS3 Problems

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to leopard from tiger and now Photoshop CS3 keeps crashing everytime i open a file.
It's always worked before i upgraded to leopard, i don't know what the problem is, is there any way of fixing this?
All my other applications in the Adobe CS3 Design Premium package work.
I really need help, I'm a graphic designer i use it for most of my work.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
Have you tried reinstalling CS3? It's possible something was messed up in the upgrade.

OP
J
Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling CS3? It's possible something was messed up in the upgrade.
Yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and i get the same problem. Any help would be good thanks, i really need this fixing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I don't suppose you get any error messages when it crashes do you?

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't suppose you get any error messages when it crashes do you?

I don't get any error message, i open up photoshop CS3, any it works fine, its every time i try to open a file, it just sticks with the round multicolored loading circle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and i get the same problem. Any help would be good thanks, i really need this fixing
I don't get any error message, i open up photoshop CS3, any it works fine, its every time i try to open a file, it just sticks with the round multicolored loading circle.
How exactly are you uninstalling it?
When you reinstall it, are your install discs dirty or scratched at all?

What sort of files are you trying to open... how large are they?
How much RAM do you have in your machine?
Photoshop is a RAM killer, especially with larger files.

OP
J
Reaction score
I am uninstalling it using the disc i use to install it, there's an option which wipes it off my macbook.
The disc has no scratches and is clean.
I can't open any files, i tried to open a .psd at about 12MB and i got the same response as opening a .gif at 12kb.
The RAM i have is "2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM"

I hope this helps solve the problem.

Reaction score
I have got Photoshop cs3 running in leopard which works fine, the only problems I have had is with File vault where it wouldn't update. Do you use File vault ?

When you upgraded to leopard did you do a clean install ? That may help.

You could also de-activate the program make another user re-activate it in that user and see if it works then !!

OP
J
Reaction score
Right i've just uninstalled the adobe suite CS3 and checked my folders to see if it has wiped everything, i noticed a few folders left over, so i trashed them and did a re-install using the CD, and now everything works perfectly, i don't know what these files were doing but deleting them has seemed to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.