Crack on ipod touch

M

mydisplaycare11

:Lips-Are-Sealed: I have a tiny crack on the bottom right corner of my ipod touch (4th gen) from the one time I accidentally dropped it. The touch screen and display still work fine, but I was curious if that will be a big problem for me later on? Any tips or advice will be helpful!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't drop it again or accidentally press something against it. If it does cause a problem for whatever reason later on, Apple has a replacement program where they will exchange the entire unit with a refurbished one for a nominal price. You would have to ask your local Apple store what the cost would be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive
and maybe, get a soft shell to protect it on future drops, just maybe...

OP
M

mydisplaycare11

and maybe, get a soft shell to protect it on future drops, just maybe...

i have an invisible shield AND a soft shell cover. how ironic that it still got hurt! but yea, I think it depends on which part it fell on. so sad :(

OP
M

mydisplaycare11

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't drop it again or accidentally press something against it. If it does cause a problem for whatever reason later on, Apple has a replacement program where they will exchange the entire unit with a refurbished one for a nominal price. You would have to ask your local Apple store what the cost would be.

Oh I didn't think of that. Thanks! I'm definitely even more careful about it than ever now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.