• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple may discontinue the iPod shuffle and classic

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As fast as you would run after a free NY Yankee's world series ticket. :)

Seriously, as I stated above the Shuffles are in short supply here in the Fort Worth area. Of course they're the most inexpensive of all the iPod line. Don't know about the Classic since they cost much more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
i hate those new ipods that are really small!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Hate is a strong word but a lot of people find them very useful
as I and as stated guess I will be getting a classic before they are gone if Apple makes the decision to cancel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Hate is a strong word but a lot of people find them very useful
as I and as stated guess I will be getting a classic before they are gone if Apple makes the decision to cancel.

whatever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule

They're really useful for some of us. I have several with different playlists for going to the gym. Under fifty bucks for something that can be clipped to my shirt, play **** near a days worth of music, weighs less than a few quarters, and navigated without looking at it...

Makes me with that I had bought more of them when Amazon had them on their ridiculous sale a few months ago. At $37 I should have gotten a half dozen of them just in case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I really like my shuffle, it can get wet, be dropped and ran over with a car and still work. I think that they need to keep them in production.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
iPod Classics are unreliable as sin. HDDs in a portable music system ain't exactly the best combination.

Shuffles are low capacity and offer poor control of playback. New Nano's do the same thing but better.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have several of the newer Nano iPods and dislike them. The display is too small for a touch screen device for one thing, and the battery has a short life before it needs to be recharged. I also have a Nano from the previous generation which in my opinion is much superior.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Meh @ the new Nano hate. I love mine:

Nano-Watch-L.jpg

Nano-Watch-2-L.jpg

Watch, music, pedometer, podcasts... come on guys, more love for the lil' guy!

As for the classics going out, that's bad news IMO. I'll probably buy one and keep a few extra 1.8" hard drives handy and then ROCKbox it. RIP HDD based Mp3 players. :Grimmace:

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It'd be great.. for running. Riding? It's a pain in the...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
The coolest feature of the new Nano is the ability to make it a watch... :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I wanted a watch, I would have bought one for a lot less than what the Nano cost. As I stated above, I have two of them and even though I dislike them, have learned to live with them. IMO, the best iPod for the money is the Shuffle. To each his own. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.