I need advice!!

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum so im guessing that this topic has been discussed but I need some help. Yesterday I fond a nice 3 1/2 inch crack on the screen on my macbook pro 15in unibody it goes in a sorta u shaped across the top of the screen.

I am trying to find some information on what to do to fix the screen. I am on tour and their is no apple store to get some information on if they can fix it or not, does mac replace the glass screen? or is their something else I have to do?

thanks guys!

Reaction score
You can definitely bring the macbook back to where you bought it and have it fixed there, but just note that i don't think the warranty covers anything that has to do with hardware damage.

The price to have the screen fixed will be a huge hole in your wallet as it can cost hundreds of dollars just to get the screen replaced. I don't know any third parties that can help with your situation but maybe someone else does :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks!. Im not too worried about the price now (bc i dont have the money haha) just as long as I can eventually get it fixed when I do. I have seen replacement glass screens on ebay so im assuming that the screen can be replaced, nothing happened to the LCD screen so I assume the only thing that needs to be replaced is the glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Thanks!. Im not too worried about the price now (bc i dont have the money haha) just as long as I can eventually get it fixed when I do. I have seen replacement glass screens on ebay so im assuming that the screen can be replaced, nothing happened to the LCD screen so I assume the only thing that needs to be replaced is the glass.

I don't think the apple store offers replacement of just the glass. I think they will only replace the entire display assembly which will run you at least 400 dollars. Other companies and individuals will replace only the glass for much below that price.

OP
K
Reaction score
Can i trust these repair services?

In a few weeks I will be looking to send out to get the glass replaced on my 15 inch MacBook Pro (because of a large crack). I have been doing a little bit of studying on what to do or who can fix it. I hear apple charges an arm and a leg for this repair and wont just replace the glass so I found a few Mac service sites...

Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad and Mac Repair | iPad LCD Repair | iPhone Screen Repair and Parts

I was wondering if anyone has worked with these sites for repairs or services or if they are a scam, or if anyone knows of somewhere else I can send it. I just want to make sure I dont send my computer off to a scam...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
iResq.com has got glass panel replacements for $189 now for the 15" MBP. I've used them in the past and their service is very good. Might be worth checking out.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks alot, I really like their prices. I will def look more into sending my computer to them. How was the turnaround time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Past experience has been 48-72 hours... Given the winter storms though, I'd allow at least a week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.