What Do You Use to Protect Your Laptop

Reaction score
I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" | 250 GB ATA Drive | 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 | OS X 10.6.1
i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to the suggestions you already received, I recommend a good notebook stand. Not only will it help keep your machine a bit cooler allowing air to flow under it, it will also provide some protection against those very nasty spills that you can read about in this forum.

Regards.

Reaction score
I recently bought a white unibody macbook and i need help deciding what i should use to protect it and keep it new and shiny. what do some users use to protect their macbooks? Please help because i wanna protect this computer, it was not cheap.
They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
lol.....just be careful and keep it away from drinks and maybe a simple guard/case will do fine at least for me

Reaction score
They look better with scratches and scars.

It's like owning a sportbike and set of leathers that don't have road-rash.
People see how pristine every thing is and think your a poser.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks.

Had mine now for nearly 3 months, and it's still scratchless, and I'm going to keep it that way too.

Chicks dig scratched and battered up MacBooks

That's kind of a weird criteria, isn't it?:)

F

fade

In retrospect, that actually came out a bit more harsh/@$$hole-ish than I wanted it to.

I just meant to use your head about it. I don't keep drinks near it, that seems to be the big one. I also make sure I have a good grip on it before i move it. I don't keep it in a sleeve, but my backpack has a laptop sleeve so it hasn't really mattered yet. Mine has some light surface scratches on the bottom, but otherwise looks as new now as the day i got it. I did add a sticker, people frequently ask if i messed it up.

Oh, and ticedoff8, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Scratches on a bike and scratches on gear are indicative of someone that cant ride. I've been riding for 21 years, 12 on dirt as a kid and the rest on the street since i turned 18.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
i have a MBP 13", and this is my very first mac... ever! aha. so i treat it like my baby. so far i bought a moshi keyboard protector and a shell just in kase i drop it or something. but yea, i plan to cop the palm guard and screen protector soon.

A shell might is good cosmetically to prevent scratches and minor dings, but unless there is some sort of "super-shell" out there, it won't do anything to protect it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.