store or online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
Hey guys,
I'm going to be buying my first Macbook sometime within the next month. Every year my father my sister and I go to visit relatives in Delaware, and it just so happens that Delaware has no sales tax. :] So, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to buy my Macbook Pro that I've so desperately wanted. My dilemma is whether to have it shipped to Delaware, along with the accessories I'm buying with it, or should I take the time to travel an hour and a half to the store In Newark to buy it from the apple store?

Please Note: I know that its an advantage to see the computer in person before I buy it which I am going to my local apple store to do next week.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would buy it at the store in Delaware and have it shipped.

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would buy it at the store in Delaware and have it shipped.

Im not sure what you mean. I know it sounds silly to travel farther to go to the apple store. My main concern is if I ship it to Delaware I wouldn't know how easy it would be to send it back and get a replacement if it was damaged during shipping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
If you're really that into cheating the system, then it's really up to you. I personally find it more exciting to buy online and have it shipped, but some people like to walk out the door with the box in hand. If you've made the decision to buy a Mac, then going to see it in person won't really do anything unless you are unsure of your decision. I don't think I would use damage in shipping as a consideration for it, though, because I've never had or heard of anyone I know having anything damaged in shipping (and I'm an eBay junky). Keep in mind, if you have it shipped to your house, you'll probably get it sooner depending on when you go to Delaware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would normally suggest buying it at the store so that if you have a problem, you could just swap the mac with another one, but since you live so far, I think ordering it online is your best bet.

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're really that into cheating the system, then it's really up to you. I personally find it more exciting to buy online and have it shipped, but some people like to walk out the door with the box in hand. If you've made the decision to buy a Mac, then going to see it in person won't really do anything unless you are unsure of your decision. I don't think I would use damage in shipping as a consideration for it, though, because I've never had or heard of anyone I know having anything damaged in shipping (and I'm an eBay junky). Keep in mind, if you have it shipped to your house, you'll probably get it sooner depending on when you go to Delaware.
Yeah true I would get it sooner but thats another big chunk of money I would have to shell out for the sales tax. I think I'm just going to have it shipped to Delaware and waiting for me. Do you think if by some off chance it was damaged that I could take it to the apple store in Delaware and exchange it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Yeah true I would get it sooner but thats another big chunk of money I would have to shell out for the sales tax. I think I'm just going to have it shipped to Delaware and waiting for me. Do you think if by some off chance it was damaged that I could take it to the apple store in Delaware and exchange it?

No. They wont exchange a mac that was delivered with an item from inside the store. They can fix it there, but if you want to return it, you have to mail it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.