Why Doesn't My Apple TV doesn't remember my playback times?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
*This is my first post, so i apologise if it's in the wrong category*

I have an extensive collection of music that has manually altered playback positions. Either cutting out intros/outros or reducing the length of the song.

But when i play the tunes from my Apple TV, they don't play from the times i set on iTunes. Does anyone know why or how i can change this?

thanks ♥

I just realised the title i wrote. It should say "Why Doens't my Apple TV remember my playback times?", sorry :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
*This is my first post, so i apologise if it's in the wrong category*

I have an extensive collection of music that has manually altered playback positions. Either cutting out intros/outros or reducing the length of the song.

But when i play the tunes from my Apple TV, they don't play from the times i set on iTunes. Does anyone know why or how i can change this?

I just tested this out and experienced the same problem. It may well be a bug in the Apple TV software and no way to fix it that I see. Your only real alternative at the moment is to play the music from iTunes, and set your speakers as the Apple TV, rather than the Computer. In iTunes, click on the icon in the lower right-hand corner (see screen cap).

iTunes speaker.jpg

OP
pennyiscute
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
I just tested this out and experienced the same problem. It may well be a bug in the Apple TV software and no way to fix it that I see. Your only real alternative at the moment is to play the music from iTunes, and set your speakers as the Apple TV, rather than the Computer. In iTunes, click on the icon in the lower right-hand corner (see screen cap).

Oh yeah! I do this with watching anime's directly from my iPhone to my Apple TV all the time. Didn't even register that you can Airplay your Mac to Apple TV as well <palm face>

Thanks, will try when i get home (at work atm)

Pity it doesn't work the other way :/ Maybe it's worth mentioning to Apple as a future update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Oh yeah! I do this with watching anime's directly from my iPhone to my Apple TV all the time. Didn't even register that you can Airplay your Mac to Apple TV as well <palm face>

Thanks, will try when i get home (at work atm)

Pity it doesn't work the other way :/ Maybe it's worth mentioning to Apple as a future update?

Send them some feedback.
Apple - Apple TV - Feedback

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.