Macbook Pro Suddenly unable to handle Cubase 6

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro Late 2011 Model 15", updated to latest version Mountain Lion 10.8.5

2Ghz Core i7
4GB DDR3 memory
128GB SSD + 500GB HD
Focusrite Pro40 (Firewire)

I was running Cubase amazingly well on this setup, until one day my battery died and everything went haywire. I am running the system connected at all times, and have no need for the battery.
The system started freezing and giving me extreme high CPU usage from kernel_task and made Cubase unusable. I was able to partially fix this by modifying a kext extension (Fix here: “Fixing” kernel_task CPU Problems in MacOS 10.7/10.8 | rdoxenham.com). I thought the problems would end there. kernel_task CPU usage went down to 20% but still hogging CPU

Going back to Cubase - all the projects that were running 100% completely fine started acting insanely sluggish and giving me extreme unusable digital noise until I got rid of half the tracks \ vsts.

I was wondering what happened? This system was perfectly capable of running these exact same files, suddenly it is unable to handle them!

I have tried:

1- Deleting \ resetting the cache
2- Repairing permissions for hard drives (+SMART scan on both HDs)
3- Resetting NV ram etc
4- There are no overheating issues (running at 65+- celsius)

kernel_task is obviously causing this problem. While Cubase is running at 200% , I noticed that right behind it, kernel_task is running at 25%. Its the outlier and whats causing the issue. Somebody please help me get rid of the pesky kernel_task bug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
How does your computer behave when running other apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
That is a possibility. Can you take it to an Apple Store for testing?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.