Any ways to DL music on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.4 GHz, 4GB memory, 250 GB hard drive
Without the use of iTunes? Currently I have a Napster subscription that I use, but I'm tired of using XP to use it, as I got a Macbook for a reason. Is there a program I can use to just DL some music and then transfer it to iTunes? I obviously have to use Napster but I want some music to play on OS X without the help of websites like myspace.com or playlist.com.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can get music for pretty cheap via Amazon Unbox. They come DRM free and in MP3 format, easy to import into iTunes.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You can get music for pretty cheap via Amazon Unbox. They come DRM free and in MP3 format, easy to import into iTunes.

I love Amazon MP3 - particularly now that Pepsi points can be used to purchase music there. I'm normally a Diet Coke person, but I'll drink DP if it means free and legal music!

Seriously though, AmazonMP3 is a great service - they even have a handy downloader that eases the download process. I've all but stopped buying from iTMS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
eMusic and Audio Lunchbox are both pretty good for indy stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I will give a second vote for eMusic. I have been a subscriber for over 6 years now, love em.

Reaction score
Without the use of iTunes? Currently I have a Napster subscription that I use, but I'm tired of using XP to use it, as I got a Macbook for a reason. Is there a program I can use to just DL some music and then transfer it to iTunes? I obviously have to use Napster but I want some music to play on OS X without the help of websites like myspace.com or playlist.com.

Thanks.

So what is the problem downloading music with a Mac? An mp3 file is just a file that any computer/os can download. Are you talking about Napster doesn't support Safari? Then use Fire Fox, they support that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.