BootCamp windows volume really loud

Reaction score
So when i run bootcamp to use windows the volume is really loud. i install all the drivers and update and everything. If i press the up volume button it is loud and when i press volume down button it turns off because its already at the lowest point. when i turn it louder it is even louder than the loudest setting in OSX. anyone know whats wrong?

OP
B
Reaction score
called apple support. did a reset where i took out the batteries and press power. pressed option command p r. and it didnt fix the problem. anyone? is there a program i can dl to lower the sounds? kinda like a reverse amp

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So when i run bootcamp to use windows the volume is really loud. i install all the drivers and update and everything. If i press the up volume button it is loud and when i press volume down button it turns off because its already at the lowest point. when i turn it louder it is even louder than the loudest setting in OSX. anyone know whats wrong?

Boot Camp should have installed a Windows driver set including equalizer, volume control, and some other options. It also installs a small icon in the system tray which when clicked brings up a dialog where you can control volume and other options. Are you saying this isn't working right?

OP
B
Reaction score
it is working but even with the volume setting on the lowest setting (1 bar) it is still loud and when i press down on the volume button it turns the volume off since it is already at the lowest setting. i opened all the sound control panel and all of them are at the lowest setting.

mac osx leopard's volume is normal.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
it is working but even with the volume setting on the lowest setting (1 bar) it is still loud and when i press down on the volume button it turns the volume off since it is already at the lowest setting. i opened all the sound control panel and all of them are at the lowest setting.

mac osx leopard's volume is normal.

The problem may be with the supplied sound driver from Boot Camp. You could try re-installing the sound drivers. Instructions on how to re-install drivers individually from the Leopard disk are included with the Boot Camp instructions. But before you try re-installing the sound drivers.....

There are several places in Windows where the sound can be controlled from. The driver from the Leopard disk should have placed a small icon in your system tray. Click on that icon and go through the options making sure the volume(s) are set correctly. Open control panel sounds in Windows and make sure the volume there is set correctly.

If you've done all that and still have the same problem check to see if the drivers are installed and the sound devices are working OK: Open control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Scroll down the hardware tree and click on the sound device section. If you see an exclamation mark next to any sound device, that may indicate it's not working as it should.

Last resort - re-install the sound drivers from your Leopard disk. Let us know.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok so after trying to find all the volume controls i found one thats called realtek hd something something. the interface is blue and looks 3d like a mp3 player. It has all these EQ settings i found one setting that was turned all the way up so i dragged it down and now it is normal. It weird because there are like 3-4 different sound settings a couple from bootcmap and a couple from XP.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok so after trying to find all the volume controls i found one thats called realtek hd something something. the interface is blue and looks 3d like a mp3 player. It has all these EQ settings i found one setting that was turned all the way up so i dragged it down and now it is normal. It weird because there are like 3-4 different sound settings a couple from bootcmap and a couple from XP.

Yes, the Realtek control is the one I referred to in my previous reply to you. You should have a small icon loaded in the Windows XP system tray that allows control of the Realtek driver set. Actually, it's a nice way to set the equalizer and balances among other options. Glad you got it working! :)

Regards and have fun with your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I have had the same "problem"
although I do not call it a problem

it seams that everybody who runs xp through bootcamp notices louder sound

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.