Adding text to photos to be sent in iPhoto '11

Reaction score
I am new to iPhoto '11. When using an earlier version of iPhoto it was easy to add comments to a photo being sent,but on trying to follow the same procedure in iPhoto 11 I get a confusing message about "place holder text".

Can anyone please help by explaining wehat I need to do to add text and send?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mike Blayney ( a new forum member)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I'm not sure that you've ever been able to add text to a photo from within iPhoto itself. Also, where do you want to send it?

Drag the photo onto the desktop and then open with Preview. From the Tools menu choose Annotate and then you can add text.

OP
M
Reaction score
Delayed thanks

I'm not sure that you've ever been able to add text to a photo from within iPhoto itself. Also, where do you want to send it?

Drag the photo onto the desktop and then open with Preview. From the Tools menu choose Annotate and then you can add text.

Hello Mighty gem.

I must apologise for tardiness in thanking you for this answer. When there seemed to be no replies I stopped checking for a response,and have just discovered your helpful suggestion. I'm an expatriate from the Midlands who left the U.K. many years ago,so thanks to a fellow countryman.

Regards,

Mike Blayney,Victoria,British Columbia,Canada.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.