Videos wont play on my iPhone plzzz HELP!!!

Reaction score
Ok so i noticed about a week ago that my iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 is not playing video of any kind. Like the youtube app videos or safari videos and even 3rd party apps wont play either.When the movie is about to start i get the black screen but then i get the play button with a circle and a line in it (like the no-smoking sign) i tried everything but it wont work. Any suggestions??:(

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
) i tried everything but it wont work. Any suggestions??:(

Welcome to Mac-Forums

What is "everything"? Have you power cycled the device, reset it? Is the device jailbroken?

OP
P
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums

What is "everything"? Have you power cycled the device, reset it? Is the device jailbroken?

Yes it is jailbroken but it was working and yes i restarted it a couple of times. And im sorry for this question, but what is power cycled??

C

chas_m

Actually turning the device OFF (not just sleeping it), then turning it back on = power cycling.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ooh ok.. Well then i did that a couple of times. And 1 more thing i noticed that my phone will play videos on 3G but they wont work on Wi-Fi. Its messed up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.