How speedy do you think 3g will be when it comes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I've read that 3g can be painfully slow. Since I've never used 3g and I have a 3g iPad on order, I love to know if this is accurate or an exaggeration. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I had my iphone tethered to my mbp at one point, and I can tell you that it was fast enough that I would have never thought I was running on a cell phone…though I'm not sure if I can say it was like surfing the internet on the iphone. I doubt there would be any change in internet speeds. The 3g on my iphone has been slow, but you are running off a wireless tower connection, so I expect it to have some changes in speed depending on the area I'm in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Really depends on where you are. If you're in an area with a lot of 3G users (iPhone, iPad and other 3G devices) then it's gonna be slow since the network will be clogged up. However, if you're in an area that has good 3G coverage but fewer users per square mile (like most suburbs), then it'll be nice and speedy.

Reaction score
wally bmck

Really depends on where you are. If you're in an area with a lot of 3G users (iPhone, iPad and other 3G devices) then it's gonna be slow since the network will be clogged up. However, if you're in an area that has good 3G coverage but fewer users per square mile (like most suburbs), then it'll be nice and speedy.

Yes. I have only had issues with network speed or connectivity in really large cities like D.C. and occasionally S.F.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.