Speed Up Ram

Reaction score
I have a 2008 2GB 15" mac book pro & would like to increase the speed.
my question is.. would the increase be very noticeable & is it poss to move up to 8GB, not sure if i have read somewhere that apple only recommend increase to 4GB ??.
any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15' 2.2 GHz 4gb ram 500 gb HD
I personally have 4gb and its just fine. Even though I just got my mac I've had a lot of PC's and 4 gb has always been enough unless your doing extreme stuff. It probably would speed your machine up a bit but idk if its worth the extra $

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a 2008 2GB 15" mac book pro & would like to increase the speed.
my question is.. would the increase be very noticeable & is it poss to move up to 8GB, not sure if i have read somewhere that apple only recommend increase to 4GB ??.
any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on how you're using your computer. Adding ram DOES NOT necessarily speed up your computer like installing a faster cpu would do (and NO...you cannot install a faster cpu in your MacBook Pro)!;)

But since you do only have 2 gig of ram...you may benefit from a ram upgrade (but no guarantee that it will speed things up).

As far as your other ram question. You didn't say "exactly" what model MBP you have...but if I'm in the right "ballpark"...the max. ram you can install is 6gig. So you could go for either a 4gig or 6gig upgrade total.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.