Informal listening test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. In the past, it's hard to do due to limited online storage offered. Now, there's Skydrive from Microsoft. Each account will get you 5GB storage for free! Plus you can have a public folder. I wish .Mac offer the same thing for free.

I uploaded 5 wav files. 1 is the original (labeled as), and the other 4 are wav files converted from 4 different compressed formats. You can download them and do whatever/however listening test you want, and answer the poll. I don't want to disclose the codec/bitrates until I see enough result, but I can say they are all hover around the same bitrate, and I use default settings.

Here's the link: http://cid-bddc40910d4ed66e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

Also, it would be great if people can post the worst sounding testfile in your opinion (using whatever listening method you have). With the original, you can do your own ABX, then post the result. Also, post the reasons on why you come with your choice.

Obviously this is no scientific at all. Simply polls for fun. :) Vote away!

OP
P
Reaction score
Seeing that there is no response, can a mod lock the poll + thread?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why? Is there a time limit on this?

OP
P
Reaction score
Why? Is there a time limit on this?
Why? Because there's no point of a poll if nobody is voting on it, right? I have the same poll on other forums so I want to close this before I disclose the result on the other forum.

OP
P
Reaction score
Files are deleted already. Mods, please close + lock this thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.