Really dumb question: micro sim slot won't open

SJP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4, 4Gb, 160Gb, 10.6.3 and Mini (MB463B/A) 3Gb
Right, new iPhone 4 just arrived, but I can't find anything in the (limited) instructions on how to insert the sim. Did a Google and read about the need for a tool (not provided with mine) or paperclip/pin to open the slot. Fair enough methinks - but it won't open using either of these.

Is there a knack to it? Should I just be pressing or should I be trying to hook the slot/tray out?

Thanks

C

chas_m

Press down into the pinhole with a straightened paperclip (or, as old guys and gals might call it, a "hatpin").

OP
S

SJP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4, 4Gb, 160Gb, 10.6.3 and Mini (MB463B/A) 3Gb
Just got it open. Had to hold a needle upright on a pad and apply (an uncomfortable amount of) pressure to the phone. Thankfully the needle didn't slip, otherwise that shiny surround could have been scratched before I'd even got to use the thing.

I'll go away again now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
The 3Gs was plastic and opened quite easily but because the 4 is steel sim tray it takes a bit more pressure to open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
The 3Gs was plastic and opened quite easily but because the 4 is steel sim tray it takes a bit more pressure to open.

Yes,but the new sim tray is better quality than the plastic sim tray.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.