Macbook Pro DVI to T.V.?

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my macbook pro to a television's DVI input. If so how would I go about doing so?

Thanks!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yes, it is possible.

Which cable and/or adapter you need will depend on which MacBook Pro you have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I am starting to think we need a sticky for the whole "can I hook up my Mac to my TV" thing we got going on. I am seeing this question get asked so many times it is silly. No offense to the OP. LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
You need a mini DVI to DVI adaptop for the older MBP's, or if you have a newer MBP you need a mini display port to DVI adaptor. You can get them off eBay really cheaply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
}.MacBookPro 13" 2.26Ghz 4GBRam 250Gb HDD/iPhone 3gS 16Gb WhitE.{
yo dogs i know its crazy but im new to the hole mac world.. with a pc laptop i use to connect my laptop to my lcd tv thru vga.. now i have the vga connection on my macbookpro but i dont know which button to press for me to get the picture and video on mu screen i was trying to see a movie i have and i couldn't on windows is cntr F something.. help anyone..lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You need a mini DVI to DVI adaptop for the older MBP's, or if you have a newer MBP you need a mini display port to DVI adaptor. You can get them off eBay really cheaply.

Or if you have a mid 2008 model (look at my specs - I have one) you need a DVI male to DVI male adapter like this one.

yo dogs i know its crazy but im new to the hole mac world.. with a pc laptop i use to connect my laptop to my lcd tv thru vga.. now i have the vga connection on my macbookpro but i dont know which button to press for me to get the picture and video on mu screen i was trying to see a movie i have and i couldn't on windows is cntr F something.. help anyone..lol

You probably need to go into System Preferences > Displays > Detect Displays and go from there depending on if you want mirrored or not.
I'm assuming you know what channel or video input to have your TV on since you've done it with a laptop before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.