• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ISP's

D

delboywww

Hi All,

Can anyone give me some advice on which ISP to use here in the UK.
I am currently on AOL dialup with my old PC and have just bought a new Apple G5 and want to change to Broadband and have been advised by some not to go with AOL Broadband and I am not 100% happy with AOL dial up to be honest.
Trouble is I am hearing all sorts of gripes about various ISP's and getting a bit confused as to who to go with. I wan't to go wireless and have also bought an Airport Extreme unit so we can use more than one computer wirelessly.

Any good recommendations ? Demon, Virgin, Bulldog, Tiscali, Wannadoo, BT ???
Who is best for Apple ? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Del

OP
D

delboywww

Surely there must be some Imac G5 users in the UK on broadband ? !
del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5
Isp

Hello Delboy

I'm currently using Freedom255 which is a Mac ISP. I use a IMac G5.
For broadband the cost is £24 per month!!

I need to save some money so I'm looking for a cheaper broadband ISP.

I've just posted to this forum, as you have, asking for info about Mac friendly ISPs. So far no replies.

Let me know if anybody replies to you with useful info!!

Grandad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.