New Premium Memberships

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I think this is going to be a bug in the style sheet with the new version of vB the forum is running.

Try Safari and report back if it works or not and I'll get it turned over to the right people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I think this is going to be a bug in the style sheet with the new version of vB the forum is running.

Try Safari and report back if it works or not and I'll get it turned over to the right people.

No - same thing in Safari 4.0.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
No - same thing in Safari 4.0.4

Tried this again in Firefox. It seems to have worked now. Not sure what I do next, but I think I signed up successfully.

Whatever you did, thanks Bobtomay :)

Edit - it seems to have updated my title details automatically - cool

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Bobtomay gave iNet a head's up, I think they repaired this just the other day.

Now, it's time to turn on that Ad-Free skin!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, this works now with Firefox.

All signed up with the ad-free skin. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
What ads? I thought everyone was using adblockers these days....

Reaction score
Hi there

Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help. ;D

Reaction score
good

im amazed by this idea. but i do hope that you will consider other modes of payment.

keep it up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", Happy iPhone 4 32 GB User
No, you don't. The forum rules are clear, and every member, even premium ones, will be held accountable to them. Suspended is a temporary situation, it takes alot to get permanently banned and I would hope someone who's paying to be a premium member wouldn't be the kind of person to continuously push the envelope like that.
That's easy for you to say this on paper (PC/Mac screen) but to truly follow it is another thing.

It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members on a PMB. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it. It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community. ;)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
That's easy for you to say this on paper (PC/Mac screen) but to truly follow it is another thing.

Actually we do hold them to the same standards.

It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it.

No, because we act like adults when we have disagreements and have open, productive discussions. People are chosen to be moderators for a reason, it's also why we keep our moderator ranks small and that helps ensure the highest level of quality in all the staff here.

People with a history of receiving infractions are not chosen to be moderators. ;)

It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community. ;)

I'm unsure of what this statement has to do with the rest of your statements.

I do find it curious that almost all your posts since joining here are just to take digs or complain about the way things are done here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members on a PMB. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it. It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community. ;)

Actually they do hold them to the same standards. Problem is that people who pay their money often, for some inexplicable reason, expect some sort of special treatment. Silly folks thinking paying money should get them something.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", Happy iPhone 4 32 GB User
I do find it curious that almost all your posts since joining here are just to take digs or complain about the way things are done here.
I was having a rough week/time. I'm over that, and will be contributing to more discussions.

I apologize for being such a Thorn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4Ghz, 250HDD, 4Gb RAM, o/s 10.6.4 -:- iPod Touch, 32Gb, O/S 4.0.2 (used mostly as a PDA)
As a Mac convert of only 2.5 weeks (and counting) I can honestly say the you good folks here on mac-forums.com have made my transition from Windows a breeze. Although I've not posted much I've read lots and very useful indeed it has been .... thanks for that :)

I've learned more on mac-forums that all other sources of info put together so had no hesitation in going 'premium' .... more to support the community than anything else.

I've replaced my Laptop with a MacBook Pro, availed myself of an Apple offer to combine an iPod Touch alongside it (mostly to be used as a PDA) and, next year (when I get the hard earned spondoolas in place), I aim to replace my PC with an iMac desktop.

Just thought I'd say both "hello" & "thanks".

Stay happy, Dave B.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey, daveb - glad we could be of help and thanks for supporting M-F!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
Although I have been a Mac user since 2001, I recently acquired a new 17" MacBook Pro (utilized for work and pleasure) and am currently adjusting to Snow Leopard (coming from Tiger on a 15" PowerBook). I really don't join many open public forums but since my experiences over the years have been hit or miss on the (official?) Apple forum web pages, I thought I would search out a Mac forum that appealed to me.

So with that said, I am happy to contribute to such a forum that will hopefully enhance my experiences here, now and in the future. Thank you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Welcome to the forum, one and all !!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Greetings and welcome. Enjoy your membership and visit often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Gents,

Any chance of paying the membership fee with Visa or Amex ( WITHOUT using Paypal )
Asked the same question a year ago , maybe anything has changed in the mean time.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'm seriously contemplating becoming a paid member here. But only if:

I don't get that little "I'm a premium member badge".
I don't get access to the special premium members forum.

In short I want to donate to the site because I can, and because I want to and for that warm fuzzy feeling inside telling me I did a good deed. I don't need a few carrots (or incentives) dangled infront of my face to tempt me one way or another. I know websites such as this have operating costs. But the poor who can't donate money should not feel like they are missing out on something special just cause they are poor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Gents,

I have been wanting to pay the M-F membership and contribute, but ..... is it already possible to pay via Amex or Visa ?

Don't have PayPal, nor do I want it based on the Belgian conditions.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.