New to MAC

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've recently purchased an Imac though come from a Windows background (20+ years) but a little stuck with this one.

My query relates to saving images from Ebay.

As some of you probably know you can click on an 'enlarge' link which opens images into their own frame, but the problem is I cannot 'save as' the image.

On the PC I could simply right click and save as but I can find no way of performing this function on my imac.

I've enabled the right click, tried dragging to desktop, email, word, etc but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Is SaveAs greyed out?

Please use a descriptive title next time. You can mention that you're a "noob" in your post.

OP
M
Reaction score
Should have known better about the title, I run a forum myself.

I don't even get 'save as' on right mouse button, these are the options I receive.

Reload
Open in Dashboard
View source
Save page as
Print page

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Images on items that are for sale on eBay usually can not be downloaded as they are the property of the seller. Ebay restricts those type of images from being downloaded. The restriction is the same when trying to save them from a Mac or a PC.

What type of images are you trying to download or "save as"?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
An example would be helpful also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's an example

1981 DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK OLD SCHOOL SKOOL BMX on eBay (end time 09-May-10 20:12:21 BST)

If you click on the enlarge button below the main image, the images open into a selectable frame, it's these large images I could right mouse on my PC and save, but no on my mac.

I can't do it "directly" either in Safari or in Firefox. In Firefox, I was able to use an add-on called "DownThemAll" to grab the embedded pictures. I'm sure there's one for Safari that can do the same. I'll look into that and post back.

EDIT: Here's a nifty way to do this in Safari, although it will take some extra work on your part. Press CMD-OPT-A and you will get a list of all elements open in Safari. Find your picture, double-click it, then Save from the menu.

That aside, it looks like any download manager can probably do a similar job as DownThemAll for Firefox. There are several… Folx in particular is free.

OP
M
Reaction score
I can't do it "directly" either in Safari or in Firefox. In Firefox, I was able to use an add-on called "DownThemAll" to grab the embedded pictures. I'm sure there's one for Safari that can do the same. I'll look into that and post back.

EDIT: Here's a nifty way to do this in Safari, although it will take some extra work on your part. Press CMD-OPT-A and you will get a list of all elements open in Safari. Find your picture, double-click it, then Save from the menu.

That aside, it looks like any download manager can probably do a similar job as DownThemAll for Firefox. There are several… Folx in particular is free.

Cheers for that, ok excuse my lack of mac knowledge here but which is the OPT and would you recommend Firefox over Safari?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers for that, ok excuse my lack of mac knowledge here but which is the OPT and would you recommend Firefox over Safari?

Thanks again

OPT is short for "Option"... the key has that labeled on it (should be next to the Command key).

As for Safari vs. Firefox, it's purely personal preference. I like Safari, my wife likes Firefox. Safari is a bit faster last I read and feels more "Mac-like". Firefox has the advantage of having a large number of add-ons to extend its usability, but being written as a cross-platform app, it isn't written with the Mac in mind. There is a Mac-native version of Mozilla called Camino, but I've never taken a liking to it. There are more detailed comparisons that have been made... you could google for them to bone up some more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
This is not "saving the image", but how about "print-->save as PDF" after enlarging the image. It works for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.