Downloading, memory issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble downloading files because Safari is saying I don't have enough memory on my hard drive. However I have 65.7 GB free, the file is actually only 2.45 MB so I'm not sure why this is occurring it's also not just one download I tried another version of the file and it would not work either. If it helps I'm running Mac OSX Leopard version 10.4.11 and the file type is .exe
Also I was able to download Software earlier today, my internet connection hasn't changed and should work fine, I can surf the web freely so thats not a problem. I've also scanned for virus's, trojans etc with multiple utilities.
Please get back to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First thing i would try is if you have FireFox to try and download something from that.
If you havnt got FireFox then in Safari click Safari in the Menu Bar then Down to Reset Safari and also Empty Cache. If neither of those work Repair Permissions via Disk Utility. When Disk Utility is open click on YourHD in the left column then the First Aid Tab. Then down the bottom of that window is the Repair Tab. Click it and sit back and wait, Dont worry about what comes up in the log, but when finished restart or log out then back in. See if it is any better now.

HTH

Cheers

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And unless you have Windows, that .exe file is going to do you no good whatsoever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble downloading files because Safari is saying I don't have enough memory on my hard drive. However I have 65.7 GB free, the file is actually only 2.45 MB so I'm not sure why this is occurring it's also not just one download I tried another version of the file and it would not work either. If it helps I'm running Mac OSX Leopard version 10.4.11 and the file type is .exe
Also I was able to download Software earlier today, my internet connection hasn't changed and should work fine, I can surf the web freely so thats not a problem. I've also scanned for virus's, trojans etc with multiple utilities.
Please get back to me.

Just out of curiosity.... when you finally resolved your problem, what did you plan on doing with the windows executable file on your mac?

Second, if you are using a safari inside of a virtual PC many times you limit the amount of space files inside of that virtual PC can take up. In my case windows 7 can only have 60GB of storage on my hard drive. Once that is reached it makes no difference if there is 100GB left of free space on the entire drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And unless you have Windows, that .exe file is going to do you no good whatsoever.

2coffee's later, and i dont know how i missed that. lol Good pick up Bob

@OP if you cant dl any other files that are not windows my post above should help.
As bobtomay pointed out that i somehow over looked, is you cant open a windows file on a Mac OS. Just cant be done.

OP
T
Reaction score
@TattoedMac Thanks for that it now works
@bobtomay/Boosted Brian Ah I didn't know that, either way I can download things now so the problem is fixed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.