leopard disk stuck in cd drive

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 I bought for a carry-round -the- house machine It had OS 10.3.9 installed. I tried to install Leopard, which my other macs run. Apparently the iBook didn't have enough RAM and the installation failed. But the installer won't quit and the drive just whirrs and clicks. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Try turning the iBook off and then on again holding the eject button.

Reaction score
It would be a better idea to turn the iBook on holding the mouse button, if wired... bluetooth won't work that way.

Or open Terminal.app and type drutil tray eject - this will eject the disk tray most of the time.

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 I bought for a carry-round -the- house machine It had OS 10.3.9 installed. I tried to install Leopard, which my other macs run. Apparently the iBook didn't have enough RAM and the installation failed. But the installer won't quit and the drive just whirrs and clicks. Thanks for any help.
And once it is out, check the system requirements, you know, the part where it reads "installs on Intel only"

Reaction score
It would be a better idea to turn the iBook on holding the mouse button, if wired... bluetooth won't work that way.

Or open Terminal.app and type drutil tray eject - this will eject the disk tray most of the time.

+1...

Reaction score
And once it is out, check the system requirements, you know, the part where it reads "installs on Intel only"

You wanna point out where it says Intel only?
Before you get all sarcastic with the OP, you might wanna read up on things as well.;D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

I think that you may be getting confused with Snow Leopard...OS 10.6.

Leopard...OS 10.5...which the OP is trying to install, is not an Intel only install. 10.5 installs on both PPC & Intel Macs.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks a million for the help! Holding down the eject button while starting did the trick. I'm sure I deserve the slightly snarky tone from viWoody.

Reaction score
Thanks a million for the help! Holding down the eject button while starting did the trick. I'm sure I deserve the slightly snarky tone from viWoody.

Nobody deserves that...;D
I'm glad things worked out for you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sure I deserve the slightly snarky tone from viWoody.

Only if you were actually trying to install OS 10.6 (Intel Only)...on a non-Intel Macintosh!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
I think that you may be getting confused with Snow Leopard...OS 10.6.
Leopard...OS 10.5...which the OP is trying to install, is not an Intel only install. 10.5 installs on both PPC & Intel Macs.
- Nick
Exactly my mistake.
To the OP, please accept my apologies.
Should never reply to posts before my second cup of coffee...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.