• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First long drive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4
Skaheadpunk (love the name, btw). Congrats on your first trip. Now, learn to ride a motorbike, and take a trip up to the Isle Of Skye.

You'll love it, trust me!

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Skaheadpunk (love the name, btw). Congrats on your first trip. Now, learn to ride a motorbike, and take a trip up to the Isle Of Skye.

You'll love it, trust me!

I can :). She's not road worthy at the moment though! I tinker with her more than I ride.

Sadly... on the way home around Luton my exhaust broke. So though it's still all there and accounted for, the lack of attachment is making an intermittent screeching noise... and will do until I come up with the cash to have it replaced! Think I can weld it to hold for a while though.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
i don't know why, but that triggered a worst case scenario in my head...

skahead - "hey gramma, my mates at the mac-forums say cheers!"

gramma - "but love, i'm a pee-cee..."

skahead - "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

At 75 she's grasped the principle of email (ie, a letter on the computer), but beyond that... and she can't type, she says it's too different from the typewriter she used to use at work. Mac/PC means absolutely zero, but my grandpa was quite freaked out about my dock, since his computer doesn't have one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.