Object selection problem (Illustrator)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
hey there,

for some reason lately, whenever i try to select something with the black arrow tool in illustrator, i have to select on the very edge of the object. it wont select if i click inside the object, only on the edge. any ideas how to turn this off? thanks

Reaction score
hey there,

for some reason lately, whenever i try to select something with the black arrow tool in illustrator, i have to select on the very edge of the object. it wont select if i click inside the object, only on the edge. any ideas how to turn this off? thanks

i just had someone ask me about this same problem and the answer is a little easier than i thought it would be... in the Illustrator preferences, choose the panel for Selection & Anchor Display. there should be a checkbox on the top right-hand side that says "Object Selection by Path Only." if i'm right, you should have to UNcheck this box, and everything should work normal after that. hope this helps... cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.