New Photobooth in Leopard trouble

Reaction score
Is anyone's new background's (fishtank, rollercoaster, etc.) "splotchy" when you jump back into the frame? Mine is, even with a well lit background, and so is my buddies. We both have Macbooks with the same processor and memory (1 gig). Could memory have anything to do with it?

M

MacHeadCase

It would seem to me that Photobooth and iChat share the same masking or compositing scheme and it really isn't up to par yet, to say the least. It will need some more work: maybe in one of the upcoming updates in the months to come?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gh 2gb ram
You know, it works like in Cinema. If the shades in your background can bee seen in your body/face then it will look very bad.

I've experimented with this a bit. And I can get quite successful results.

Photo 68.jpg

OP
H
Reaction score
That exactly what happens...background shows up in face and body. Any fixes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
I haven't played with it that much, but it appears to be like a "blue screen" (the one the weatherman stands in front of on your local news). I assume a solid, well lit background with none of the same colors that you have in your face or clothing will provide the best results. I will get around to trying it sooner or later. If you do, let us know how it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gh 2gb ram
That exactly what happens...background shows up in face and body. Any fixes?

Well... I don't think it shows a lot in the picture I posted. In fact it's very good «for a novelty».

It's only a gadget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, it's a gimmick and not really intended for you to make the next Space Jam 2.

If you want to mess around with it, try standing in front of green / blue walls or curtains as other have said...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.