Can't sync ringtones from iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
I tried the new feature for creating ringtones on iTunes. I've created the exact ringtones I wanted (two of them), but they won't sync onto the iPhone when I try.

Any ideas?

OP
diesel828
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Nevermind, I figured it out. For some reason, my computer was not authorized to play the ringtones, and therefore could not sync them. The stupid thing is that I already owned those songs and paid the 0.99 for each.

Reaction score
itunes will not sync ringtones

I've purchased one ringtone and created two, but when I sync my Iphone it doesn't even sync ringtones. I have the checkbox for all ringtones selected. Am I missing a setting?

Thanks,
Stephan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just FYI to the OP, don't waste your money paying for ringtones on iTunes. You can buy songs DRM-free from Amazon and their downloader will load it right into iTunes for you. Once you have it, you can use Garageband to make a ringtone FREE!!

Even if you already own the song, I would recommend buying the DRM-free song from Amazon. At least that way, for your dollar, you'll have a copy of the song you can use any way you want, including to make ringtones, instead of just a 30 second clip of a DRM'd song you can only use on iPhone.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Here's my experience. If you have your Sync setting to convert songs with Bit-rates greater than 128 to ACC, then the ringtones do not sync. I tested this several times and always go the same result.

Reaction score
It may seem a little simplistic but have you guys made sure that you have your iphone set to sync ringtones?? Because it isnt set to sync them by default, you have to set it to sync them the same way you have to set podcasts and pictures to sync.

Reaction score
It may seem a little simplistic but have you guys made sure that you have your iphone set to sync ringtones?? Because it isnt set to sync them by default, you have to set it to sync them the same way you have to set podcasts and pictures to sync.

Yes to your questions. Has anyone verified that if you check the 'convert all songs to ACC' option that the ringtones are not downloaded? IT makes sense to me since ringtones are not .ACC files.

Reaction score
1st timer

This is the first time ever joining a forum and im doing it because i know how frustrating stuff can be and i think i have found the solution to this issue. i know its very late but im putting it here for other people.... Right.. the way i make ringtones is by editing the length of the song and then making an AAC version of it. once thats done i songs time back to default. the aac version will appear under the original song... copy the AAC version to your desktop and rename it to .m4r and drag it to your ringtone section. now the problem i seem to think is that itunes freaks out when you have a ring with the same name as a song or if you still have that 40 sec aac version in your music list. it wont sync it if the ring tone is longer then 40 sec and is in the music library.

So my solution is rename and ringtone by 1 letter and make sure its not in ur music library and then try sync it.

Hope it works... i always seem to figure it out and then months later i forget and want to sync another ringtone and it wont work.. so hopefully this will help others :)

Reaction score
thanx

i just joined to say thanx ive spent 6 hours nonstop to find my answer hug said something got me lookin in itunes u have to set itunes on ur pc to sync all ringtones or it will not do it i wish i had found this forum 6 hours ago so again thanx every 1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.