Crazy or just worried?

Reaction score
hello!!

my macbook is three weeks old and im getting crazy:Lips-Are-Sealed: . I have already noticed some issues. So far, the most important one is the screen one:

1.- when I close the lid of the laptop, the screen seems to move horizontally from right to left a few milimetres.... is that normal?

2.- if you close your laptop, you can notice that in the edge there is a white plastic "band" with screews on it. i dont know why in my laptop i can actually press into one of the sides and get lots of "flex".

Are this issues normal?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Take it into your local Apple store and compare it, if it is faulty they will sort it out!

OP
J
Reaction score
Take it into your local Apple store and compare it, if it is faulty they will sort it out!

well, thing is that im working in a lost village in the most lost part of england... so probably wont get the chance of it until the end of the summer...

im sure you could test what im saying. its just that the screen moves horizontally when it is closed... does it hapen to your macbook??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
No but if you are in England then there are numerous Apple stores around. Even if you cant get to one I would still speak to Apple about it. If you leave it till the end of the summer then tell them they may think you have damaged it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
hello!!

1.- when I close the lid of the laptop, the screen seems to move horizontally from right to left a few milimetres.... is that normal?

2.- if you close your laptop, you can notice that in the edge there is a white plastic "band" with screews on it. i dont know why in my laptop i can actually press into one of the sides and get lots of "flex".

Are this issues normal?

thanks

For issue 1, I reckon this is normal. I had the same concern (I bought my MB 3 weeks ago) and one day I was at the Apple store and tried to see on the laptops over there. They all had a "moving" screen when the lid is closed.

For issue 2, I'm not sure to understand what you're talking about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
yea, the first one is perfectly normal, and i believe it happens to most macbooks. the second one may just mean one of those screws are loose, and you have have to screw it into place. if you are talking about the screws at the back by the fan and speakers, those screws tend to get loose fairly easily, and it's pretty common.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.