MacBook Pro 15"...i5 2.4ghz...4GB RAM...320GB HDD
I would just like to know how good the iPad really is

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
' Good ' in terms of what exactly ?
Can you be more specific ?

To answer your current question .... My iPad is as good as my BMW .... it gets the job done in an efficient way :)

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S4MB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry

By "GOOD" i meant how does it compare to say the ipod touch
and is it worth buying one...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
By "GOOD" i meant how does it compare to say the ipod touch

The iPad is a BIG iPod Touch...enough said!;)

- Nick

p.s. If you're in London...go to your local Apple Store, and try one out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I have my iPad now for 1 week and it works great.
I spent most of the time looking for apps to replace my productivity tools on my MacBook Pro .... had to try ( and buy ) a few to compare.
I have yet to find and install the IBM Lotus Notes app. so I can work with my companies E-mail system.
Other than that, life is good on the iPad. Not being able to multitask needs getting used to, but that was known before I bought it, so no complaints there.

I truly believe that the iPad has triggered a new way of using ' content ' and I am sure that the next release will even be better.

So the iPad is good .... for me ....
Having said that, you will have to determine what you want to use it for, as a tool or a toy.

Have a look around the forum, there is good info out there and more coming every day.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S4MB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would it be a good replacment for my ipod touch?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would it be a good replacment for my ipod touch?

Not if you like carrying your iPod Touch in your pocket.

- Nick

OP
S4MB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thanks and i will use the reputation system for you

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I think you'll love it! They are absolutely fabulous! I think you should rush out immediately and plunk down £429 Sterling at your local Apple Store!!

Of course if you don't like it, we will not give you your money back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTouch 32 GB 1st Gen, iPad 64GB 3G, 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel i7
' Good ' in terms of what exactly ?
Can you be more specific ?

To answer your current question .... My iPad is as good as my BMW .... it gets the job done in an efficient way :)

Cheers ... McBie

I have to agree. It's more like my Z4: sleek, sexxy, and gets me where I want to go pretty quick. Not heavy duty off-roading or towing. Totally for someone sticking to the main roads and on the go.

The whole "big iPod Touch" doesn't fit the iPad. To me, it's a mobile productivity platform. I can jot down notes, write ideas, surf the net, check email, manage my stocks, all from a tablet vs. a bulkier laptop. Then I sync up with my computer and I can finish what I started.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The whole "big iPod Touch" doesn't fit the iPad.

To me, it's a mobile productivity platform. I can jot down notes, write ideas, surf the net, check email, manage my stocks, all from a tablet vs. a bulkier laptop. Then I sync up with my computer and I can finish what I started.

Sure it does!:)

Everything you mentioned doing on the iPad you can do on the iPod Touch...it's just easier on the iPad...and that's perfectly fine.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
who finds it can replace -or substitute if you will- a MacBook / laptop ?... i'm preparing to either replace this MacBook with a new one (bought this one pre-enjoyed) or an iPad, i use my MB @ work and home, email, surf, maintain and write for blog, music player.. i think i know the answer and i should go with a MacBook, but curious to your gals & guys' opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
who finds it can replace -or substitute if you will- a MacBook / laptop ?... i'm preparing to either replace this MacBook with a new one (bought this one pre-enjoyed) or an iPad, i use my MB @ work and home, email, surf, maintain and write for blog, music player.. i think i know the answer and i should go with a MacBook, but curious to your gals & guys' opinion.

Well for all the things you are listing here, the iPad would work just fine. You probably would prefer to use it in conjunction with a real keyboard for some of your work, but the beauty of the iPad is that it's so much more portable than a MacBook is. The bottom line is you have to define what your needs and expectations are, and then act accordingly. For example, if you can't live without Flash, then obviously the iPad isn't for you. If you value portability and the iPad can in fact do all you need, then it's worth considering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
who finds it can replace -or substitute if you will- a MacBook / laptop ?
I think the biggest problem with the iPad is... that it is sold by Apple. And what is Apple's claim to fame? Computers of course! The problem is that people sometimes (wrongly) assume that since the iPad is an Apple product, it is some sort of re-packaged laptop, but its not. The iPad, like the iPod, is a consumption device. It has but one purpose and that is to serve as a portal to iTunes. It is all about mobility and portability, but was never meant to replace a full-fledged computer... at least not at this stage of its development.

Even now that jailbreaking is no longer illegal, this still does not mean you can just pluck any piece of software off the shelf and install it on an iPad.

I thoroughly enjoy my iDevices, but you have to really examine what they can and can not do to determine if it will meet your needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
I absolutely LOVE my iPad! However, it is not meant to replace a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I would reccomend, for the best impression of an iPad, go to an Apple store if you live nearby one. When you see how well iPad apps use the extra screen real-estate, the whole "Big iPod touch" debate doesn't hold water. It's fun to use, and if you can afford to plop down the cash for one, go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Although a lot of people use the iPad (With a combination keyboard & Dock) as their sole computers. I wouldn't advise someone to use one as their main machine, I like my iPad but sometimes I just prefer my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
I absolutely LOVE my iPad! However, it is not meant to replace a computer.

Exactly. I hate how the anti-Apple/iPad people constantly argue how it's marketed as a laptop replacement and fails miserably. I have yet to see an ad from Apple that markets it as a "computer" or a replacement for one.

Reaction score
iPad is the best handheld tablet PC in the market right now and let me tell you it is here to stay.

I had a chance to use one of the master piece and i loved the experience. The Interface, specs, Style everything is just too good about it it but makes it even better is its an Apple product :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.