iPod Video SLEEVES

Reaction score
G'day folks,

New guy here (just barely scraped past the security question). I have a question for y'all.

Recently, I've been looking into getting a sleeve cover for my new iPod video. However, the vast majority of the ones I'm finding are cases with a cutout for the screen and click wheel, designed for the iPod to be used while still inside the case...this isn't what I want.

What I'M looking for, is simply a case/pouch type thing to hold my iPod in while it's not being used, until I take it out to use it (I have no need to use my 'Pod while it's in there; I have a clear cover that protects it while "in the hands"). The Apple leather case is a good example of the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Aside from the Apple case, though, I've not seen very many that match this description. At this stage I don't particularly want to fork out the US$100 (I know it can be cheaper, US$65 is the cheapest I've seen it at though), although I may have to in the end.

So, if you have seen another sleeve/case/pouch for a 30 GB iPod video that matches this description, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the details.

Oh, yeah, and if you see/have seen a particularly good price anywhere for the Apple leather case, please don't hesitate to hook me up as well. :Smirk:

Cheers,

Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for that...I'm not exactly sure which product you meant, though. If it was the "Sleevz" protective sleeve (http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevziPod.aspx), that's still a bit off. I don't really want any of the controls to be showing/accessible at all from the outside-- I just want to be able to slide the iPod out easily for use.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep hunting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb
Wrappers does some great ipod sleeves

they in the UK, but will ship to the US im pretty sure

i bought my macbook sleeve there, and its beautiful

OP
H
Reaction score
Awesome! Those look great, just what I was looking for...cheers heaps.

I checked on the site, and the £3.50 shipping is a flat rate to anywhere in the world (I'm in Australia, BTW). So it's all good.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to contribute. :Smirk:

Thanks!

OP
H
Reaction score
Oh, and if anyone knows of a store with a good price on the Apple leather case (the best I've seen is US$65), please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb
Can you be more specific about the 'Apple Case'

Just had a quick look on the apple online store and couldnt see it as the top results?

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Mine came with a little felt like sleve in the box. I thought that was standard and supplied by Apple.
What about those socks? If it's just for keeping it clean while not in use, it doesn't need to be thick. Or does it?
Bryan

OP
H
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about the 'Apple Case'

Just had a quick look on the apple online store and couldnt see it as the top results?

You can find it here: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E099&nplm=MA398G/A

I wouldn't buy it at US$99, but there's a lot of other places which have it cheaper (I've even heard of it getting down to around the $40 mark at Best Buy).

Mine came with a little felt like sleve in the box. I thought that was standard and supplied by Apple.

Yeah, mine came with one of those, but I...er...lost track of where it is. :Oops: I probably would have replaced it eventually anyway, though.

What about those socks? If it's just for keeping it clean while not in use, it doesn't need to be thick. Or does it?
Bryan

The socks look ok...a little too "vibrant" for my taste though. And no, it doesn't really need to be thick at all. At the moment, the Wrappers sleeves are looking like a good bet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.