iMac Cannot Log In

Reaction score
The password that i made for my administrator account doesnt work for some reason and i wrote it down i have tried typing it wrong and adding numbers and uppcase etc..i wanted to reset the password by holding "C" as the computer started and now it takes me to a log in screen where it ask for my password and i cannot log in because i dont have the password or the master password..also there are no other accounts and when i try holding the "C" button down at the beggining it just goes straight to the log in screen so what do i do please reply..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The C key is for starting up from the optical drive if you have the restore disk or OS X install disk in there

OP
J
Reaction score
The C key is for starting up from the optical drive if you have the restore disk or OS X install disk in there

yes i try to load it from the disc but it doesnt do anything and i read that its supposed to goto a menu to let me reset the password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what sort of start up disk is it?

in os x can you select that disk in system preferences > startup disk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.