Review: Cosmonaut pen for iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Cosmonaut-009-257x300.jpg

The Cosmonaut is a capacitive stylus that was launched to much hype last Spring on Kickstarter. Created by the same guys that made the Glif tripod adapter for the iPhone, the Cosmonaut suffered a few shipping delays before arriving in the hands of backers this winter. Its creat... ... Return to article to continue reading.

I.M.O.G.

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
Nice review Aptmunich, quick and to the point giving a good feel for what to expect. How do you like the fit in your hand? It looks as though it could feel a bit like one of those fat crayola crayons we used as kids, but hard to judge from the pictures.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely has a dry-marker / crayola feel to it. I think they actually mention somewhere that they were specifically going for that type of feel.

It feels great in the hand!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook, AppleTV, iPhone, iPad etc :)
how do you store it when not in use?

is there any way of attaching it to say a keyring?!? (like the 'ligature' in the Glif+)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely has a dry-marker / crayola feel to it. I think they actually mention somewhere that they were specifically going for that type of feel.

It feels great in the hand!

Well it does look like an oversized crayon. >_>"

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, there's no way to attach anything and it's a little big for a keyring really.

is there any way of attaching it to say a keyring?!? (like the 'ligature' in the Glif+)

Reaction score
Doing actual "art" on my iPad2

I've been using a Dagi stylus with great results. I've loaded several drawing apps, including iDraw, SketchbookPro, and ArtRage, and have been able to do some pretty impressive illustrations with the Dagi. I also use it for taking notes in Penultimate, and since the Dagi feels more like a "real" pen/pencil, its much more natural for writing or drawing. This stylus seems very bulky and a bit cumbersome (although that may be great for those with arthritis or other disabilities), but for my money I'd go with the Dagi stylus. thanks for a great review!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
This stylus does absolutely nothing better then any other stylus other then being the size of a crayon. I cant believe this project even got funding. The tip is not that small and there are others that already have a similar size tip or smaller. this offers nothing that isnt already available.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've been looking at the Cosmonaut pen for a while now. Finally ordered it yesterday after I found a 20% off coupon code. Looking forward to getting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.