Parallels Desktop and Macromedia software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4", 2.53ghz, 4gb ram
I recently just made the switch from a PC to a mac. I picked up a 15" MBP, 2.53ghz, 4gb ram, 320hdd.

I'm running parallels desktop with XP on my machine because i have quite a bit of windows software that i wanted to use on my macbook. I've already loaded msft office onto my computer, along with msft visual studio. I also have Adobe Master suite for PC that i would like to load onto my computer. I downloaded adobe dreamweaver for mac from the website but i was wondering the following.

If i load adobe master suite (don't worry, it's not pirated, i have serial keys for it and paid for it out of my own pocket) onto the windows platform and run it via parallel desktop .. am i going to see a noticeable difference in performance vs if i were to have the mac version of adobe master suite?

thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you have a legit copy of the Adobe suite you can cross grade it for minimal cost, first find out from Adobe how much the upgrade / cross grade will cost

Adobe will allow you to perform a cross-grade, or cross-platform upgrade, of your Adobe product, assuming it meets the upgrade qualifications and provided you send them a signed Letter of Software Destruction. The Letter of Destruction states that you agree to delete all copies of the product you are exchanging and also that you will not "sell, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise distribute the exchanged Adobe product or copies to anyone else."

You will still need to pay the upgrade cost, and you will need to conduct the purchase via telephone by calling Adobe Sales at 1-800-833-6687 (see Adobe.com for international numbers). The Letter of Software Destruction may be faxed, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to Adobe.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4", 2.53ghz, 4gb ram
that's a total PITB. I still want to be able to run adobe suite on my PC but I don't feel that it is neccessary to drop aother $2k for the same product for a mac platform.

any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can run it under virutualization, but it will be a tad slower.
It is always preferable to run software natively.
Be sure to max out the RAM on your Mac and you might be able to improve it.
I still want to be able to run adobe suite on my PC but I don't feel that it is neccessary to drop aother $2k for the same product for a mac platform.
Well, you can't have both unless you pay for both.
It is necessary to pay for both because they aren't the same.
One is for Windows, the other is for Mac... two completely separate and different operating systems.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4", 2.53ghz, 4gb ram
You can run it under virutualization, but it will be a tad slower.
It is always preferable to run software natively.
Be sure to max out the RAM on your Mac and you might be able to improve it.

Well, you can't have both unless you pay for both.
It is necessary to pay for both because they aren't the same.
One is for Windows, the other is for Mac... two completely separate and different operating systems.

How would i max out the RAM on my mac? Are we talking about upgrading to 8GB or is there an option within my system pref's to be able to do such a task?

I still feel that it is a little ludicrous to have to pay $2500 per operating system. It's the exact same program, different OS if i want to run it on 2 computers. Oh well.

If anyone can at least answer my original question (possibly a little bit more in depth) as to whether or not i will see extreme difference in speed/performance of my computer if i run it on a virtual platform.

Also, if i were to run bootcamp on my mbp, would my macbook still run at the same speeds on windows as it does on OSX or would my specs be altered a little bit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I still feel that it is a little ludicrous to have to pay $2500 per operating system. It's the exact same program, different OS if i want to run it on 2 computers.
It's not legal to use one license of the Adobe suite on two computers, regardless of whether those computers are both Macs, both PCs, or one of each.

It may be easier to break the licensing agreement if they are both the same platform, but that doesn't make it okay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.