I just bought my second Apple computer!

Reaction score
Boy, how things have changed.

My first Apple....the Apple II was a long time ago. So long that my old Apple Credit Card was no longer valid.:Grimmace:

With my daughter set to start college next fall I found myself on the horns of a dilemma. Although she has grown up using a PC since she was five or so, she's adamant about wanting an Apple (Macbook Pro specifically) for graduation with the intent on using it at college.

So I surreptitiously purchased a new 15" Macbook Pro - late 2008 edition - to acquaint myself and make sure it had everything she would need pre-installed.

The first problem I'm facing is that I don't think I'll be willing to part with it!

Secondly, I was hoping to talk her into the Macbook thinking it would be easier to tote about and get her a larger monitor/TV for her workspace in the dorm. My line of thinking was that the larger monitor/TV would also serve as her television - eliminating one more device to haul up there.

But that's not going over well and it looks like it will be a 15" or 17" Macbook Pro and that's that!

Has anyone had good luck with the eyetv devices sold by Elgato Products?

Thanks for your advice and insight.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
glassman
Reaction score
Thank you Nick!

And my apologies to the Mods, I only moused over the Sticky regarding posting in this forum and saw that hardware questions were OK.
But after actually opening and reading the Sticky did I realize that I probably should have posted in the "Other Hardware and Peripherals" forum.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I wish my dad would get me a mbp haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.