Putting Calendar and Mail onto new iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
My wife gets her meetings and updates at work "pushed" to the Calendar app on her iphone4. If there is an email sent to her work email with an event tagged to it and she is an invitee, it automatically appears on the app on the phone at whatever date and time.

I also have my work email -same employer- on my phone.
Had to go through the mail app on the iphone and choose MS Exchange and then put in a few URLs and our logins and then it worked. Easy to do for both phones.

iMac different story.

After opening Mail...
I put in the name and email address and password (not even sure if it found it correctly says it cant verify the ID then it says connect and i hit that. ) then next step is choose Exchange 2007, POP, Exchange IMAP, or just IMAP... no idea.

Same menu of questions and I'm asked for incoming server i THINK i know that. and my user name and password from the beginning. Exhange 2007 asks me if i wanna sync iCal and address book.

I do that and i created an account but i tried sending emails and it never worked. I 'Put the account online as well'.. i just deleted and here i am.

It would be cool for her to get work meetings and things on here
Thanks
tt'

C

chas_m

I put in the name and email address and password (not even sure if it found it correctly says it cant verify the ID then it says connect and i hit that. ) then next step is choose Exchange 2007, POP, Exchange IMAP, or just IMAP... no idea.

You've answered your own question. This isn't going to work until you talk to the mail administrator at work and find out which of these options your mail server is using.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
It was so idiot proof on the iPhones. It boggles my mind that it's that difficult on the iMac. I guess I could ask the IT folks here at the hospital.

I'll be back if there is any headway made.

C

chas_m

Sorry, I'm not understanding what's "difficult" about this? The Mac is amazing but not psychic -- you have to tell it what KIND of email account you have if it can't automatically detect it (as it would with any of the major services).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.