Macbook Pretty Much Freezes and Turns into a Slideshow With Heat over 65ºC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Hi

Im using the 2Ghz Core Duo macbook, one of the originals and while I'm using it, it just seems to stop as soon as it gets to 65º or above, well it doesn't just stop its as if im using the OS as a frame by frame slideshow or if you've ever seen a game run at 1 FPS then that is what OSX turns into. Using Menutemperature it also seems that when it reaches this temperature it gets stuck at 2Ghz and wont clock down to help cool itself off, the fans dont help either by the time that the lag and slowdown occurs the fans have only just slowly started to speed up. It happens when im just using my computer normally and goes over 65º (Video Chat on Skype, Playing Music, Playing a bit of Halo or anything CPU intensive) My friends Macbooks don't have any of these problems and their Macbooks easily get over 70º without any lag but manage to cool themselves off.

Any Help on this problems would be fantastic!

Thanks so Much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
If it's still under warranty, definitely take it back. There's obviously something wrong with it and needs to be fixed.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Hi, is not covered under warranty, so I cant take it back. Any other suggestions? This is getting so annoying!

Reaction score
Hi, is not covered under warranty, so I cant take it back. Any other suggestions? This is getting so annoying!

Take it to an apple retailer store and have them look at them to see what's wrong..and the price to fix it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
It doesn't sound like a "user fixable" problem. Take it to an Apple store and find out what's wrong, and how much to fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.