New Touch?

Reaction score
I realize its a bit early in the year to begin speculating on this, but I am thinking of getting an Itouch. It will be particularily handy in the coming months as I am doing some travelling. I know usually the end of summer/early fall Apple releases some new produces. Just curious if you see any major updates to the Touch that would perhaps hold me off on buying. They would have to be pretty significant as I can already see the value of the touch as is and would use it quite a bit while travelling. BUT I don't wanna be kicking myself if something much better is coming later in the year.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Typically the iPod Touch will have a software update for the new generation,

The hardware will likely be a minor improvement.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I realize its a bit early in the year to begin speculating on this, but I am thinking of getting an Itouch. It will be particularily handy in the coming months as I am doing some travelling. I know usually the end of summer/early fall Apple releases some new produces. Just curious if you see any major updates to the Touch that would perhaps hold me off on buying. They would have to be pretty significant as I can already see the value of the touch as is and would use it quite a bit while travelling. BUT I don't wanna be kicking myself if something much better is coming later in the year.

Thanks

Since the iPod Touch was just overhauled in September and is selling like hotcakes, I have a feeling it might be a while before a new update is released.

Reaction score
Also your "old" touch will still work when a new one comes out. I should know I've got a gen 1 touch. So I don't have dedicated volume buttons. Oh well. However, I bet you'll be kicking yourself for not getting one sooner if they don't update for a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.