Mac App store

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've got a question here regarding the mac app store.
Since the beginning of the year I don't see any login window of the mac app store. I never thought I needed the store, but as on from now I wanted to buy some application.

I know this question is all over the internet, but after a lot of research I still can't login.

Currently I've got 10.6.8 installed, and no fruitmenu which could be hiding the menu.

Hope somebody can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G;day and welcome to the forums.

The App Store icon should be in the Dock. Click that and when the App Store window opens at the top right of the page you can login subject to you having an Apple ID. To create one, go to APple Discussions, hit create account top right, use email address as name and a password of your choosing.

This will also access the App Store.

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

OP
H
Reaction score
Well the problem is, when I click login, absolutely nothing happens. There's no box coming up, nothing.
And the same is with account.

All of the other functions work, except for those 2.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Can you get us more information, such as hardware specs? What Mac model are you running, anything unusual or nonstandard about your configuration and/or software?
Assuming you have an Apple ID and password set, everything should be very similar to purchasing from the IOS APP Store. You click to purchase on the APP selected and a window pops up to validate with your password.

OP
H
Reaction score
Well the Iphone is on the way, so I haven't got a clue about the IOS App store yet... But the problem with the mac app store is: I have everything set up. But when I click login, or account, nothing happens absolutly nothing.

I'm running a macbook pro late 2009 model, no specific configuration or strange software.

I've read online fruitmenu could block the 'login box' which should come up, but I haven't got that one installed either.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't know that this will help, but it shouldn't hurt either. Assuming you have a backup in case something does go wrong, might want to do a reinstall of the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.