operating system of iphone

Reaction score
hello friends,
i have this new iphone 3gs which i got just 3 days back....

one of my friends got a clone china iphone and belive me u can never figure out which one is real by their looks....:eek:....

ok this is what i want to know....

can a clone china iphone have a Mac OS X v10.4.11 the same as original iphone 3gs has by formatting and reinstalling.... if yes than tell me how please....

thank you

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Nope. Also, no iPhone ran 10.4. The iPhone OS, although based on the 10.5 kernel, is very different - and during its original development, Apple made it clear that the kernel was 10.5, even though 10.5 hadn't been released yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
hello friends,
i have this new iphone 3gs which i got just 3 days back....

one of my friends got a clone china iphone and belive me u can never figure out which one is real by their looks....:eek:....

ok this is what i want to know....

can a clone china iphone have a Mac OS X v10.4.11 the same as original iphone 3gs has by formatting and reinstalling.... if yes than tell me how please....

thank you

Nevermind the OS, Where do you get off saying "Believe me you can never figure out which one is real" Those things are junk, That's like saying you can't tell the difference between a fake and authentic Rolex.

If China actually made a high quality knock-off of anything everyone would be buying it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yes the fake phones look nothing like the real phones. :p

Reaction score
As cwa said, the iPhone never ran anything less than 10.5, though 10.5 didn't come out til fall of that year (that the iPhone came out). In any case, it is officially called iPhone OS, and the latest version is 3.1.2

Those knockoffs from China are totally nothing like the actual iPhone. How can you not tell the difference? Just pondering that one. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.