Just switched back to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5Ghz Core i5; 10GB 1600Mhz;500GBSSD;Intel 4000; OSX 10.8.5
Howdy ya'll, I just came back to Mac OSX after 4 years of running Windows. I had a PowerMac G5 and PowerBook G4 in 2008 and had a 08 Alum MacBook when I first went to college years ago, but because of my major I had bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 for school and that thing ran and ran and still runs just finally got sick and tired of the Core 2 Duo and Win 7. Just bought myself the '12 MBP and I'm quite impressed just like I was with the Powerbook and MacBook. OSX has changed a bit since leopard and Snow Leopard but I'm getting the hang of it again. I totally forgot how snappy OSX was. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Now I'm drooling over an iMac. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I think you mean a 13 and welcome back.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your new machine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Welcome back and don't ever look back!

The Core 2 Duo is still an excellent chip. My 3yo iMac is powered by one and it still runs beautifully. Just goes to show what a waste of power and resources Windows is...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome back and don't ever look back!

The Core 2 Duo is still an excellent chip. My 3yo iMac is powered by one and it still runs beautifully. Just goes to show what a waste of power and resources Windows is...

Yes it is still a great processor. Windows just really sucks. I'm now debating buying a 13" Air for my fiance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do it! I was gonna get the the same thing for my wife, but she wanted the 11". I think she is regretting it and wishing she had the larger screen, but she doesn't want to hear, "I told you so" from me...

C

chas_m

My wife loves her 11" Air. I think women in particular really like the whole MBA concept, and why shouldn't they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
Howdy ya'll, I just came back to Mac OSX after 4 years of running Windows. I had a PowerMac G5 and PowerBook G4 in 2008 and had a 08 Alum MacBook when I first went to college years ago, but because of my major I had bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 for school and that thing ran and ran and still runs just finally got sick and tired of the Core 2 Duo and Win 7. Just bought myself the '12 MBP and I'm quite impressed just like I was with the Powerbook and MacBook. OSX has changed a bit since leopard and Snow Leopard but I'm getting the hang of it again. I totally forgot how snappy OSX was. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Now I'm drooling over an iMac. :$

Yeah I got my first Mac over the summer. My Sony Vaio EA (a.k.a the one that shouldn't be talked about) was pretty much a toaster. I finally got the money and bought myself the MBP for college. It works great, and is hella fast. Im totally eyeballing the new Mac Pro, or even the Mac mini i7. I dont think I am going to be going back to windows anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I got my first Mac over the summer. My Sony Vaio EA (a.k.a the one that shouldn't be talked about) was pretty much a toaster. I finally got the money and bought myself the MBP for college. It works great, and is hella fast. Im totally eyeballing the new Mac Pro, or even the Mac mini i7. I dont think I am going to be going back to windows anytime soon.
My first laptop was a Vaio. It was running 98 when I got it and I considered it a pretty good machine. It was still working, albeit slow, when I got rid of it...

Huge difference between the Mac Mini and Mac Pro. The new Pro is some purty SERIOUS hardware for a college student, and will not come cheap. Unless you are studying to be a geneticist or a film editor or are a total hardcore gamehead, you just won't need that much power, bro. Your typical college projects like writing papers or doing PPT presentations would be like swatting a fly with a friggin' hydrogen bomb...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My first laptop was a Vaio. It was running 98 when I got it and I considered it a pretty good machine. It was still working, albeit slow, when I got rid of it...

Huge difference between the Mac Mini and Mac Pro. The new Pro is some purty SERIOUS hardware for a college student, and will not come cheap. Unless you are studying to be a geneticist or a film editor or are a total hardcore gamehead, you just won't need that much power, bro. Your typical college projects like writing papers or doing PPT presentations would be like swatting a fly with a friggin' hydrogen bomb...

Hahaha love than analogy.

Reaction score
Welcome back. I love my mac mini that I got early this year. Its my first mac ever. I remember using the ibooks back in grade school. Those where really cool I wish apple would bring back the clear colors but I don't see that happening soon. I had a dell laptop that had windows vista on it that I got for christmas once. It was okay for the time but It just wasn't doing it. I was happy I got my mac mini. Its probably the fastest computer in the house lol.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I agree with everyone else here the 13 inch MacBook Air is a pretty awesome machine I'm sure your fiancee would love it, also it's really light and battery life is pretty impressive at 12 hrs. Only draw back I can see is processor speed 1.7 GHz as compared to 2.5GHz on the PowerBook but reports say that the solid state HD is so fast that you'd hardly notice the difference. Check this out; macbook air vs macbook pro 13"? - Apple Store (U.S.)
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
I understand where you are coming from...

I totally understand what you mean. The only reason I am thinking about the new Mac Pro is because I am a Video Editor, and I need a powerful rig to edit and render videos. I am also In desperate need of a machine that can edit high quality footage quickly, like 2.7k and 4k. Getting that expensive work of machinery, just for writing lab reports and papers, would be absolutely absurd. Nice analogy BTW.

:Shouting::D:D:D:D:D

C

chas_m

I think every part of you except your wallet is going to be super-happy with the new Mac Pro when it comes out ... which should happen pretty soon now ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.