default finder view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
is there any way to make the finder display in list/details mode all the time? i can change it and it will stay like that for a while, but if i open up the finder again, or reboot or something like that, it goes back to the default icon view.

S

supremeoverlord

As far as I know you can only set it to column view.
Go under File, to prefereces and there is a check box for column
hope that is a little helpful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my computer always opens in column view even tho the check mark is not checked in the preferences, is there a way to turn this off?

Reaction score
is there any way to make the finder display in list/details mode all the time? i can change it and it will stay like that for a while, but if i open up the finder again, or reboot or something like that, it goes back to the default icon view.

From a previous post. I hope to reply to everyone that has EVER asked this question. Very frustrated at how this seemingly simple feature is undocumented anywhere.

I couldn't believe how "undocumented" and hard this was to figure out.

The desired view will "take" if

- you are currently on an Administrator account, and
- you change the view (via the view selectors) while the Home account/folder is selected.

Paolo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
From a previous post. I hope to reply to everyone that has EVER asked this question.
Please don't. There is no need to ressurect threads that are more than month since the last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.