• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First time ever at an Apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Greetings to everyone here from my Mac Mini, still nicely chugging away since I bought it last December (it's been a little while since I posted here, though).

A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there. I ate lunch with my family, and then we visited the Apple Store. Quite a fun place to hang out! It was pretty crowded with people, everybody having fun playing around with Apple's snazzy high-tech offerings (by the looks of it, it seemed like they were doing good business). Apparently one of my nieces is going to get an iPad for her birthday -- boy you should see their faces light up when they get their hands on one of those devices. It's great to see how thrilled they become, because it takes me all the way back to the day when my brother brought home our new Apple //e.

Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!

Peace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I know just what you mean! I'm lucky to live in a city with three Apple Stores. But even so, I consider visiting an Apple Store to be a special experience. The moment I step through the door I'm taken with the atmosphere of excitement. There are always lots of people. The chatter seems happy and I see lots of smiling faces. Apple Stores are really great places. :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Our local Apple Store is located around the corner from the Verizon store and just down the street from the AT&T store. Actually it's a town center like shopping area. But I thought that was a rather unusual coincidence being they were all in the same general area.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
my 6yr old and myself really enjoy going to the Apple store --my wife does too (the Lego store is around the corner, we visit that first), then off to the Apple store where he sits in the kids area playing -often simultaneously- with a Apple pc and a iPod Touch while i do my thing... play with the "toys" and browse around... it's always a good time :}

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there.

Too bad you had to wait so long to visit your first Apple Store...or too bad it took Apple so long to open a store near you!;)

Visiting the Apple Store is always fun...and the stores I've been to, always seem to be busy...especially weekends!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I've only been to two of the three stores in my area. I guess I've been delinquent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there.

You must be talking about Partridge Creek. Actually there are 4 Apple stores in the Metro Detroit area. I've been to 3 of them (Partridge Creek, Twelve Oaks and Briarwood where I bought my iMac). Yes, it's a pleasure to visit any of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Very cool.
I still remember my first Apple Store visit. *sigh*
We have about 4 within a 25 mile radius of my house. Been to 2 of them. My wife works 5 doors down from one in an office above a shopping area.
Whenever we go on vacation, we usually end up doing some window shopping in various malls or outdoor shopping centers and I always go in their Apple Store if they have one.
Better than Disneyland in my book! (sometimes cheaper, too! haha)

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too bad you had to wait so long to visit your first Apple Store...or too bad it took Apple so long to open a store near you!;)

Heh. Yeah, to be honest, hanging out at the mall is something I just don't do too much anymore, so there was no rush to see what this new place was like. Like many people, I do a lot of shopping online, and the same goes for my Mac Mini -- I ordered it directly from Apple. Of course, it's nice to know that the store is there, in case I need technical consultation or advice (or even service).

But I told my niece, yeah, if you get that iPad, I probably will be a little envious. Another thing I have to contend with is their ever-increasing technical aptitude -- they're turning into whizzes! Makes me feel like I have to compete and stay one step ahead ... but hey, it's good for their self-esteem.

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You must be talking about Partridge Creek.

Bingo! And everywhere you looked, there were dogs walking their owners (it's a dog-friendly place).

Always nice to talk to a fellow Michigander! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Went to my first Apple store in March while on vacation in Hawaii. The store was virtually empty, which was good for me as we had lots of attention. It was then that I gave a little consideration to buying an iMac. After we came home I took my son and grand daughter to Vegas to see the Love show and stopped in at the Forums and saw another Apple store...the desire grows. The clincher was a trip to the Fashion Mall down the street from the Mirage. I went to the store in Portland a month later and have been pretty happy since. They just opened a store in Tacoma so my commute will be much shorter now. I still have a lot to learn but haven't made any unrecoverable mistakes yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
"Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!"

So true I am 23 and act like I am 7 when I get a new gadget!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
The store was virtually empty, which was good for me as we had lots of attention.
You were pretty luck to experience that. The Apple store in my area is the only one in my whole county so it can get pretty busy at times.

I know what you are talking about. When we grow up and realize that we can buy our own toys...I mean adult gadgets well....it's one of the best feelings in the world. ;D

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!"

We must forever nurture the child inside ... (with electronics, of course!). ;D:)

Reaction score
I love Apple stores. Just went to one tonight and could not believe how packed it was! I love the layout of the products and how you don't have to wait in line to buy something. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2010), iPhone 3gS, and a few dozen ipods from various years
i went to my first one a few days ago ... in Birmingham Alabama .... was around 11 in the mid day and the place was packed ... was overall a nice experience ... just was going in there to pick up a case for my 13" mbp ... and really liked their attachments to the iphone or touch that they used to ring you up ... and the receipt just being emailed to me ...

i was impressed enough that when i go back that way in about a week i am likely going there again to pick up an ipad .... even though i am not quite sure what i need it for hah ... just enjoyed the one i was messing around with while the guy was in the back looking for a case for me

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was impressed enough that when i go back that way in about a week i am likely going there again to pick up an ipad .... even though i am not quite sure what i need it for hah ... just enjoyed the one i was messing around with

Heh. I almost feel the same way about the iPad, because after all, I have a laptop, and it satisfies my portable needs. But now that I think about it, I think the fascination with the iPad probably has something to do with the utility offered by tablet-sized computing. The iPad is a very slick and attractive device with a great touch interface, and it probably would come in handy in situations where you need to take something with you, but not something as heavy or as bulky as a laptop that consumes gobs of battery juice. Just my opinion. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz/ 4GB ram/ 250GB HDD, 2nd Gen 16GB ipod touch, 64GB + 3G iPad
I was so excited that I made my husband take my picture

4725834233_3c8dcce9d8.jpg

We were at the one in downtown Chicago after the Blackhawks rally, so it was rather crowded.

Wendy

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz/ 4GB ram/ 250GB HDD, 2nd Gen 16GB ipod touch, 64GB + 3G iPad
Yup! Blackhawks rally + first trip to Apple store = Greatest day ever!!!!

Wendy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.