Reminders App in iOS 7

Reaction score
I type out lots of text in the Reminder app in the notes section of a Reminder. For some reason in iOS 7 I cannot seem to edit the text that extends beyond the screen well. I could do this easily in iOS 6 so not sure if this is a problem with the iOS, or something I am doing wrong. I can easily edit text in the notes app, just not the reminders app if my text extends beyond the screen.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is the Notes section of a dummy reminder. I added a few lines of text and it seems to be working OK? This is iOS 7 on an iPhone 4..

photo.PNG

OP
E
Reaction score
This is the Notes section of a dummy reminder. I added a few lines of text and it seems to be working OK? This is iOS 7 on an iPhone 4..

No I am talking about adding lots of text. For example.

Create a shopping list of 20 + items 1 item per line 20 lines and try and edit txt on line 1-2.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Works for me as well. I can create a list of items, hover my finger and choose any particular line/character to modify. I can event select a single item from the list and delete it and so on..

OP
E
Reaction score
Works for me as well. I can create a list of items, hover my finger and choose any particular line/character to modify. I can event select a single item from the list and delete it and so on..

Do you have a iPhone and does the text extend beyond the screen? Create a list 26 lines long so that you would need to scroll to edit the text. I cannot edit the text and SEE the text on the earlier lines.

I can only edit and SEE the text that fits in the screen.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A quick suggestion, if you are looking to make lists and so on (especially shopping list), might I suggest that you use a dedicated app for it. There are many free ones, I use Gorcery IQ and it works quite well.

The notes section of the Reminders is for a simple note about your reminder task..you wouldn't want to pen a short story in there..:)

OP
E
Reaction score
A quick suggestion, if you are looking to make lists and so on (especially shopping list), might I suggest that you use a dedicated app for it. There are many free ones, I use Gorcery IQ and it works quite well.

The notes section of the Reminders is for a simple note about your reminder task..you wouldn't want to pen a short story in there..:)

It worked flawlessly in iOS 6. I use the app because it syncs with iCloud and its built in.

C

chas_m

I am not able to duplicate you ability to "type text that extends off the screen" and suspect you are copy/pasting from somewhere else. If so, maybe you've found a bug. Report it to Apple.

If you are looking for a better option that automatically syncs with iCloud, look at SimpleNote. It's free for Mac and iOS and "just works." It's an excellent replacement for the Reminders app for your particular needs.

OP
E
Reaction score
I am not able to duplicate you ability to "type text that extends off the screen" and suspect you are copy/pasting from somewhere else. If so, maybe you've found a bug. Report it to Apple.

If you are looking for a better option that automatically syncs with iCloud, look at SimpleNote. It's free for Mac and iOS and "just works." It's an excellent replacement for the Reminders app for your particular needs.

Its simple....

Type 25 lines

a
b
c
d

Know try and edit text on line 1 or 2. Can you see the text that you are editing?

C

chas_m

Thanks for explaining it. I was able to duplicate your issue.

It's a bug. Report it to Apple, and use Simplenote in the meantime. Life's short.

Reaction score
it has to do with th word wrap writing long lines must be creating a horizontal scrollbar which isnt visible.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Or use Evernote for lists - much better app for that.

And will keep all notes synced between all your iOS and OS X devices.

Reaction score
Does that happen in both landscape and portrait viewing? I've been surprised to discover quite different experiences in the two views. Like can't create a new calendar entry from a date in an email using my iPad in landscape but can do so in portrait. That bug has been in iOS for some time. So it doesn't always "just work", but usually does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.