Just installed Vista 64bit on my iMac

R

redhatchbox

Hello.

Yesterday I installed Vista 64 bit on my 2.4ghz 24"er. The installation seemed to go good, with the exception of a few drivers missing.

I opened up bootcamp, created a partition, and booted from my Vista 64 disc. It asked my to format the partition to NTFS, and the installation went on.

After Vista booted, everything seemed to work good. There were few things that weren't working. Ethernet card (Marvell Yukon), vista found a driver and installed that. I had to go on to ATI's website and download 64 bit drivers for the Radeon HD 2600.. and now all I have left is the sound driver. I downloaded the realtek/intel high definition sound driver for Vista64. After that... the only thing that will be inop is the isight, and the keyboard functions (Brightness sound etc) I don't need these functions anyway.

People are saying this doesn't work because apple doesn't provide the necessary drivers. It matters not, the drivers are out there on the internet, you just need to manually install the proper drivers yourself.

I'll only really be using this partition for some flight sim games... I really do hate Windows.

OP
R

redhatchbox

Update:

I installed Realtek High Definition audio drivers.. now I have sound.

The only thing I don't have now is isight, and FN key function. (Brightness/Volume)

Everything seems to be running good (Considering it is windows)

Computer performance rating:
Processor: 5.2
RAM: 4.5 (only have 1GB RAM)
Desktop/Aero: 5.9
3D & Gaming: 5.3
Data Transfer: 5.8

(out of 5.9)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0 Stock
Update:

I installed Realtek High Definition audio drivers.. now I have sound.

The only thing I don't have now is isight, and FN key function. (Brightness/Volume)

Everything seems to be running good (Considering it is windows)

Computer performance rating:
Processor: 5.2
RAM: 4.5 (only have 1GB RAM)
Desktop/Aero: 5.9
3D & Gaming: 5.3
Data Transfer: 5.8

(out of 5.9)

is 5.9 the highest windows experience rating index score possible?

OP
R

redhatchbox

is 5.9 the highest windows experience rating index score possible?

5.0 – 5.9

Fast moving games with amazingly rich graphics, 3D modeling, high-end multimedia and high performance applications.

Top end of the PC market for the Vista time frame.

Level 6 machines are not defined yet. So, yes.. My iMac seems to be a Vista beast. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.