• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PC commercials question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
I was watching tv and saw a HP ad and it got me wondering... how many of the commercials for PC systems and such are created on a Mac? I think it would be kind of funny is all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's even funnier when it's an advertisement for PC software, shown ON a mac.. then stated that it only runs on PC's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It's even funnier when it's an advertisement for PC software, shown ON a mac.. then stated that it only runs on PC's.

I love that one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Bill Gates uses a MacBook Pro. And if you watch some of the PC Commercials you can actually hear that they use Apple Loops sometimes. I got a video on YouTube emailed to me the other day, and it was Bill Gates saying Mac was better than PC, although I'm not too sure if it's true or not.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find if you searched around a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I love the Windows Vista commercials. I LOL every time i see them.
"Oh yeah I'm definitely going to pick this up!"
"It's so easy to use!"
Uuuuuhhhhh...NO... Not at ALL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows Vista was a massive fail. Apple was going: YES! MORE COMMERCIALS MAKING FUN OF VISTA!

Anyone who uses Windows is doomed unless they use it for word processing (ROFL)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
vista is actually a perfectly capable operating system, assuming you have the proper hardware. The problem is that many companies were trying to throw Vista on a POS hp with a celeron processor or c2d 1.5 ghz.

Vista will run fine on any decently configured current machine....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My friend has a Vista laptop, and nothing works on it plus it's not compatible with everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
A couple months back, I bought a Brand New HP laptop, only because I've never owned a PC. Well, long story short, couldn't stand Vista, and couldn't stand how anything worked!! So I sold it after a week.

Reaction score

My favourite for that one is BBC iPlayer - they show a Macbook running the iPlayer software (Windows only), and have changed the "Macbook" on the bezel to say "bbc.co.uk/iplayer".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.